What happened to the black bears ??

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What happened to the black bears ??

Post by TreeKiwi »

Maybe they are scared of whatever the Halloween beast is!!! :lol:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

i hinted them about 2 weeks ago for a few days in rrb and tbh i didnt notice anything. had no issue plugging them at the feeder with a bow
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

could this behavior have anything to do with the fact that if you try to shoot a bear with a recurve bow (grizly mission)the moment you release the arrow the bear spookes !
An arrow takes a second to get to the targeted bear, most of the times it is gone when the arrow impacts.
Me and my friends have been experiencing this all the time at TGT, we gave up on doing the mission because of this "thing".

I wunder if anyone else is having the same experience ?

maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

TBH I think that bears are seriously messed up, and hunting them is disappointing at best. Nowadays it is extremely rare occasion for me to see running bear. After being hit, they just walk away in a bit faster pace, but nothing special. You spook them, they walk away, ...
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

maros.kuzar wrote:TBH I think that bears are seriously messed up, and hunting them is disappointing at best. Nowadays it is extremely rare occasion for me to see running bear. After being hit, they just walk away in a bit faster pace, but nothing special. You spook them, they walk away, ...
I find it better. Now we don't have bears spazzing out doing 360 loop de loops around trees 5+ times in hyper speed. :lol:
No more rocket-propelled bears, thank god.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Ravenousfox wrote:
maros.kuzar wrote:TBH I think that bears are seriously messed up, and hunting them is disappointing at best. Nowadays it is extremely rare occasion for me to see running bear. After being hit, they just walk away in a bit faster pace, but nothing special. You spook them, they walk away, ...
I find it better. Now we don't have bears spazzing out doing 360 loop de loops around trees 5+ times in hyper speed. :lol:
No more rocket-propelled bears, thank god.
Ok, yeah, I agree with you, but we went from one extreme to another
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

I noticed the trotting too, but what is wrong with that?
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

I was hunting in SC lately and didn't notice anything unusual. They were roaming, didn't see any trotting. Maybe SC is not affected or I'm just very lucky.
lefrog52

Post by lefrog52 »

I've been playing bear competition lately. one thing i noticed is when i stay in a tree stand and let the bears roam around the barrel till i see a trophy bear the usually just walk, if i sppok them with a gun shot they will run
but ne new thing i noticed they will all trot away if a huge bear appears so my comclusion is if you see bears trotting, there is most likly a trphy bear in the area
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

lefrog52 wrote:I've been playing bear competition lately. one thing i noticed is when i stay in a tree stand and let the bears roam around the barrel till i see a trophy bear the usually just walk, if i sppok them with a gun shot they will run
but ne new thing i noticed they will all trot away if a huge bear appears so my comclusion is if you see bears trotting, there is most likly a trphy bear in the area
This would make sense. When hunting in Canada, whenever the smaller bears at the bait would leave quickly, it almost always meant that a bigger bear was coming in to the bait.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “General Chat”