How often do you use consumables?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: How often do you use consumables?

Post by Ravenousfox »

"How often do you use consumables?"
Hardly ever, although sometimes I use the Face Paint to go with the Ghillie Suit. ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

I use lots of them. Face paint in every longer hunt. Lots of camping supplies, always have med kit with me. Never use wind indicator. I always buy them with gm$.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

I mainly use camping supplies to fast travel to tents.
VdB usually wastes quite a few first aid kits :p
But that's it!
Spoiler:
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

Every hunt. Camping supplies mostly, with medical kits taking second place because I don't see well or react to angry animals very quickly lol.

I've amassed quite a collection of scent eliminators somehow so I have been using those when hunting arctic fox which for some reason seem to sniff me out at every chance.

Also use bear bait on days I feel like sitting over my barrels, though not as often as I used to.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Every single hunt, unless I'm hunting ducks or geese. I carry scent eliminator, first aid & camping supplies.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I use them often, but not every single hunt. Medkits are used the most, between my carelessness on steep terrain and the urge to push my luck with charging animals. Camping supplies would probably be a close second. Third would be baits as I have several feeders but don't really use them often.

I have never used the wind indicator, though I have a few from somewhere. I just never think to take them since wind seems to play a fairly trivial role in the game, at least in my experience. I have used many climbing ropes but I put them up and never take them down so I don't think I really use them as a consumable item. I also have many bottles of scent lures but I never use them unless trying to do missions that require animals to be killed at certain distances or something similar. They have the same effect as the callers only the callers have unlimited use. Since I have all the callers and don't mind calling often, I just don't bother to carry scents. I also have a couple face paints but don't use them either since I don't think I'd like it in trophy shots.

I also believe all of my consumables were free, bonuses in a bundle, or purchased with gms. I'm not sure I've ever purchased consumable items with ems.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I use barely any.

The only ones I find useful are climbing ropes (which I have placed and never moved) and first aid supplies. The others are largely useless to me.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I use scent eliminator and camping supplies in pretty much every hunt, unless I'm out hunting ducks or geese. I also generally carry some medkits for when I take a tumble down a mountain or get attacked. I've used wind indicator once just to see how it worked, and never touched it again. From time to time I'll use scent sprays if I need an animal in a specific spot for a mission.

Ropes I don't really class consumables since they're only partially consumed upon removal. I do have Val-des-Bois kitted out with ropes but I rarely use them since I have tents in the mountain areas I need to reach.

Return to “General Chat”