How often do you use consumables?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Graidlyz
Spotter

How often do you use consumables?

Post by Graidlyz »

Because mines just stack up in my inventory over the years as I buy bundles and membership packs, I have 917 scent spray units in total from all speciesand used only 33 units, 300 unused scent eliminators units, 60 unused first aid kit units and hundreds of camping supplies that I forgot about their existence till now :lol:
The only consumable I feel like using regularly is the wind indicators at a rate of like up to 5 units a month

So I was wondering about other players :?:
Jackson11
Scout

Re: How often do you use consumables?

Post by Jackson11 »

I have some climbing gear, face paint, camping supplies, wind indicator and other items that I hardly, if ever use.

My theHunter name: Jackson011 Youtube: Jackson011 theHunter (no videos yet though :D ) Twitter:@jacksonmcox
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I'm using scent eliminator a lot, a decent amount of camping supplies, and the occasional first aid kit. I also use scents fairly often, especially for species that roam in groups - like elk, blacktails, muleys... I also have barrels and feeders that I hunt over from time to time, so I need bait. I have such a huge amount of gm$ that I don't have to save on this stuff. :D

Funny, but the only thing that I almost never use is wind indicator.
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I use tracer arrows, facepaint, scent elim, camping supplies, med kits, scents, and bait. Like Tann I do not use wind indicator, but I have so many accumulated I might as well throw one in and give it a go. Probably more fair chase than scent elim anyway. I have spent over one (cue Dr. Evil :twisted: ) million gm$. My hope is that one day they will accept gm$ to reset my missions, so that I won't have to pay em$ just for the opportunity to earn more gm$ ever again. :lol:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

- I have placed some climbing gear, I think purchased with $gm.
- I have a bit of camping gear that I generally only use for TgT, and that rarely. Was a $gm or bundle purchase, can't recall.
- I have some first aid kits in case of emergency... or Val-des-Bois climbing. A $gm purchase.
- I've used scents more than most other things, again bought with $gm, which I think is a nice replacer when you don't have a caller for something you don't normally hunt and need to lure it for ex. a competition.

I never use wind indicator, just because the environmental clues are there and more immersive (imo) to look for. I've used face paint exactly once, no idea if it makes much of a difference. I wouldn't actually spend $em on consumables, I find it a bit of a waste, but I did get the camping gear and first aid kits in bundled packages or with $gm. I find the weight VERY annoying, particularly because you can't split stacks and the # going down doesn't reduce weight... A bad oversight imo :P Until I got the extra weight upgrade it was pretty unusable. I don't use bait because I have no setups.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

id probably use more windicators and scent spray if it didnt take up a key bind. they're to valuable for calls. so unless we get a call pie menue like the ducks fo other calls i wont use them too much as its a mess on equipt and un-equipting them. alternativly if we had a consumables pie menu for face paints, scentelim and windicator and rope id probably use/carry them more as id imagine others would too.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

L3M182 wrote:id probably use more windicators and scent spray if it didnt take up a key bind. they're to valuable for calls. so unless we get a call pie menue like the ducks fo other calls i wont use them too much as its a mess on equipt and un-equipting them. alternativly if we had a consumables pie menu for face paints, scentelim and windicator and rope id probably use/carry them more as id imagine others would too.
This is a fine idea.
Graidlyz
Spotter

Post by Graidlyz »

JimboCrow wrote:I use tracer arrows, facepaint, scent elim, camping supplies, med kits, scents, and bait. Like Tann I do not use wind indicator, but I have so many accumulated I might as well throw one in and give it a go. Probably more fair chase than scent elim anyway. I have spent over one (cue Dr. Evil :twisted: ) million gm$. My hope is that one day they will accept gm$ to reset my missions, so that I won't have to pay em$ just for the opportunity to earn more gm$ ever again. :lol:
Would be nice to be able to reset missions in gm$ but for like half or even 2/3 the ammount of total gm$ earnable with missions so it isn't too OP :mrgreen:

L3M182 wrote:id probably use more windicators and scent spray if it didnt take up a key bind. they're to valuable for calls. so unless we get a call pie menue like the ducks fo other calls i wont use them too much as its a mess on equipt and un-equipting them. alternativly if we had a consumables pie menu for face paints, scentelim and windicator and rope id probably use/carry them more as id imagine others would too.
Sounds good
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

I depends on the hunt how much I carry and use. On maps like BRR I use nothing more than a random medkit.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I use a lot of the scent eliminator.
I have been using more of the camping supplies lately (in the last 6-8 months).
Wind indicator, I used to use it, many years ago. But I don't use it at all anymore.
I have some of the face camo. I have no idea if it works & I don't like the way it looks in the trophy shots.
I never could figure out how to use the climbing ropes, so I do still have some. I had my Son get me to the top then I dropped a tent in there.
I used a LOT of First Aid kits trying to get the ropes to work :roll: . Other than that, I do like to hunt the charging animals with the .454 so I do use a bunch of them for that.
I do have feeders & barrels so I use the bait. But I don't hunt over them a lot.
I never gave the animal scents a fair chance until recently & I do like them now.
Basically, I never leave a tent or lodge without the scent eliminator & medkit (if there are charging animals there). I try to always have camping supplies also, except lately I can't hunt for as long as I'd like to, so I don't really need to do much fast traveling at all.
I hate to have all of the valuable space taken up in the backpack. But again, lately I don't need to take a full load of ammo either.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”