How much active players is there in the game?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: How much active players is there in the game?

Post by Ravenousfox »

Levado wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:We're both looking at the same info but just picking different categories.
Did you actually read anything I wrote or did you only look at my screenshot? :?
If you would have to taken the time to read what I wrote, then you wouldn't have responded the way you do now. I didn't make claims about the number of active players at all, only you do! Heck, I even explained why it's impossible for us to know how many active players this game has and that only EW knows. I only wrote that the game is gaining momentum again based on gain % and nothing more.

I will quote you again:
You can see COTW has 1,200+ active players while Classic has a all time low of 336 active players.
You make the claim that there are 336 active players. It's completely wrong and I've also explained in great detail why I come to that conclusion and I've also explained why it's impossible for us to figure out how many active players this game has. If you disagreed, then you should have proven me wrong.

I also clearly wrote "My comment was only related to the fact that you claimed that it was an all-time low" and " But since you're steering the discussion into a discussion about your screenshot, I'm going to respond that". Didn't you read those comments? Your claim of an "all-time low" is something you made up, unless you can prove me wrong. You make this discussion really hard when you just skip over my comments, so this is where my discussion with you ends, sorry.

Happy hunting! ;)
@Levado
Look I'm not going to go in-depth with you on this and type up a whole page just to get my point across, you're just rambling on.
I've said my bit and you've said yours, just leave it at that.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

caledonianblues wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Also the op asked "How much active players is there in this game?" that's what my screenshot gave.
Not quite, your screenshot shows how many active Steam players there, but it doesn't really answer the original question. Only Expansive Worlds could answer that question, and they most likely won't. There seems to be an assumption that the majority of players access the game via Steam. Again, without access to the data, any guesses at the ratio of Steam to web players is purely speculative and most likely way off.
That's right, you cannot get unique activate players as the screenshot I showed is the only available data to interpret the player base and is Steam users only.
I'm only looking at info that I can access for Steam users.
That's all I want to say on the topic.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

again purely speculative but the average steam players has sat at the same spot or around it since it hit steam with peaks after a big release and troughs in quiet spells. its fairly reasonable to imagine the web launcher does the same. i like to think the game is chugging along nicely
haNylanda
Tracker

Post by haNylanda »

For me the Hunter is a casual game I drop back to once in a while, same for the Forum. I prefer other games with some more action if I got other things to do.
But when I have time to play for a while, the hunter is a good game to drop back to.

Return to “General Chat”