Camping Supplies are bad for the game

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
nachthexe
Hunter

Re: Camping Supplies are bad for the game

Post by nachthexe »

How is it breaking the game? This is not an E-Sport game. As stated above people have setups based on the current facts. I for one do not enjoy having to run/walk everywhere. due to the time constraints I have to play the game. When I find the time to play it I do not want to be forced to spend too much time to reach a favorite spot. Also camping supplies do not make trophy animals spawn. You can not even use the camping spots without supplies.
Now an ATV with an electric motor might change that :)
Code: Select all
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Levado wrote:I don't think that we should be spooking everything near a tent when people fast travel, in multi-player this could cause a lot of frustration for some players.
I understand this would be a limitation where currently there is none. But perhaps if when you 'click the tent' that you wish to fast-travel to the reminder that "All animals will be spooked" is displayed is enough. Fast-traveling should be a disadvantaged courtesy, not an exploit. Multi-players would need to be mindful of others, as they are now when firing their weapons. The object of the new rule is to remove the exploit entirely.
bowhunterdave

Post by bowhunterdave »

Its a pay to play game... why do you care how others spend their time playing a game they paid for??????? I play for me and to better my own top scores. Could care less who gets what.
KingKong1
Scout

Post by KingKong1 »

Given the size of the area, the animals' different spawn areas in the individual attemps as well as the individual's hunter time consumption, I don't thing that the tents are the big problem. On the contrary. If we are to talk about injustices, then I think running and tracking at the same time is more uralistic and devastating to the original hunting idea. Of course, I'm an old mournful gentleman who thinks that hunting is a matter of knowing his hunting rite and then tracking his animals.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Im not a fan of the instant game cool down, i often join mp hunts and then fast travel to where i wanna be. Sometimes i wanna be as far away as possible from other players sometimes i wanna hunt as a team. I do get that some feel it is leaning towards pay to win and is a bit against fair play and the theme of the game but it costs a fair bit and requires at minimum a forum research and at most hours of scouting. It has a cool down. not exactly cheating or spamming If someone has bought 3 tents and placed them next to 3 key bobcat locations to maximise efficiency. Some people don't have allot of time but want to compete and this is one of a few ways to do that so more power too them.

Really tbf this type of game-play was almost advertised when they reworked the bait system. Sitting at 1 feeder and waiting out the cool-down as we all know just isn't as lucrative for us as hunters or for thehunter as a business as creating a feeder ring or triangle and rinsing and repeating.

Also i thing a spook radius would incur massive backlash form the players who fall into the group mentioned above. It wouldn't exactly stop it would just require a move of a tent some 220m. It simply makes a convenience item a bit less convenient so nobody would be winning.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

bowhunterdave wrote:Its a pay to play game... why do you care how others spend their time playing a game they paid for??????? I play for me and to better my own top scores. Could care less who gets what.
I don't, people can spend what they want in the game, this is a discussion about spawn mashing animals.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

L3M182 wrote:i often join mp hunts and then fast travel to where i wanna be. Sometimes i wanna be as far away as possible from other players sometimes i wanna hunt as a team.
Question, why do that when you can go to where you want to be straight from the launcher rather than waste camping supplies. :?
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

bowhunterdave wrote:Its a pay to play game... why do you care how others spend their time playing a game they paid for??????? I play for me and to better my own top scores. Could care less who gets what.

thats all well and good for you mate but a good deal of people play to compete and win. your personal scores that you play to better are scores that go into the mix of the grand scheme of things. if you were to take an animal that was your personal best and won a comp you are indirectly effecting everyone else who was competing and a game theyve also payed for.

thinking about it i would be onboard with an instant cool down limit as i could always just relog if im not the host and if i am im the first guy in anyways so i dont need to avoid or catch up with anyone. maybe get round it by having a "cant fast travel" to a tent someone is 220m range of it. or give them a "confirm travel of another player"option if they are. probably a coding nightmare

@ravenousfox. Because the launcher is always inaccurate and usually about 10 mins behind actual locations of other players if they even show at all.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

L3M182 wrote:@ravenousfox. Because the launcher is always inaccurate and usually about 10 mins behind actual locations of other players if they even show at all.
Oh, I didn't know that.
Thanks for the info. :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the game is so niche already the mechanic already well established.removing it would cause a storm.many competitive players have tents set up to do it and many of the top hunters do it.i said originally and many times in past tents actually made this game too easy. previously before tents people would hunt longer roam around more.

the thing is if its a game mechanic then why remove it ? will it benefit the game by removing it ? will it add or lose players from doing so ? looking at it logically you would probably annoy more people than please by changing the current system.so i personally wouldn't do so.not only that think of money lost.its not a winning strategy business wise to do so.even if it may prevent spawn mashing.

Return to “General Chat”