Rare animals

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Rare animals

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Is it just me or do others think the rare animals at not so rare any longer?
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Rare animals

Post by DYEUZ »

Well, it depends on your frequency of seeing / harvesting them . For me , i think they are like a roller coaster ride . You don't see some for a while and suddenly , couple games in a row , like it happened to me these past days , you see some .

I wish it was for the big / trophy ones that it would be like that for me . Keep seeing small animals and lots of does/ cows .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

I will go a week get some albino etc non typical, then 2 months nothing, not counting fur variations
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

in the past month I have harvested 3 NT and 2 piebald moose (of witch I have never seen in my time Playing thehunter) and one Blue arctic fox.
and have seen 2 more piebald moose cows that I didn't not shoot.

In all of season 20/21 I only shot 2 rare animals in total.
I guess thy just feel more common now.
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

If they're more common, then I'm most unlucky, lol. Out of 1150 harvests this season, I have a NT whitetail, a piebald elk cow & a mallard black duck hybrid. So 0.26% of my harvests have been rares...about one quarter of one percent. That seems pretty rare to me.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Well some one has to be unlucky..lol
But lets take moose for example I have killed 26 and have seen/killed 4 rare moose just about 15% so yes some what rare but it just don't feel like it used to when that rare finally showed up in view.

I guess the taxidermist has to make a living also. lol
Spoiler:
Young33
Spotter

Post by Young33 »

So far this season I have 1 rare kill which was a piebald Hog
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

It's the same for me the past 3 weeks I have shot 4 NTs and around 7 rares, last season... none... in a week or twos time will most probably not see another for a season or two
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

3 Non-typicals and 8 rares in the last four weeks. That seems a bit much to me as well. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

I know I don't do as much hunting as some/most on here but even still I'm not getting the rares as reported. Yes I have had some good hunts in the past 2 year and have had some good rares. 2x BT deer scoring 193+ both in same hunt within 20 minutes of each other and a 300+ NT WT on another hunt (which gave me first place briefly before the next season started). Even then rares have been and are still rare with the amount of time I have for the game. I play when I can and not for very long so maybe that's why I don't get as many rare as others.

I sometime look in on the truracks, albino, and NT threads and I always see the same names over and over again. Why.............. because they put in way more hours and experience than what I ever could.I get lucky and I get that which is what keeps me coming back, I don't/can't put in time as some/most do who get rares but when I do it raises my moral in playing the game.

Return to “General Chat”