Is this intended EW? [Sitka Antler Scores]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Is this intended EW? [Sitka Antler Scores]

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:
Pupic wrote:Call it a bug or whatever, something is messed up and either those sheds need trimming or someone should finally investigate what happened with 113+ sitka bucks.
Maybe the probability of finding high scoring sheds is higher than that of a high scoring animal ;)
If Pupic says they are not out there, the probability is pretty high that they are not out there. ;)

Can you not check the database and run a query showing you all +114 since let's say January?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Pupic wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:I can confirm that these scores are not a bug. They are within the scoring range for sitka deer.
And i can confirm that game is not producing anything above 113.xxx points since Christmas or something around that time ;)
The best you can get is score estimation 100-130 but that still wont get you a 114 pointer.
Obviously calculating sheds score is working as supposed, but scoring of `live` animals is not.
Call it a bug or whatever, something is messed up and either those sheds need trimming or someone should finally investigate what happened with 113+ sitka bucks.
confirmed
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Well after reading all the replies, it sounds like there must be something wrong with the TruRac system for Sitka deer. Because we now know that the sheds are within the scoring range. But nobody can shoot one that big. With all the players in the game one has to turn up on the leaderboard and it failed to do so last season. Bug report time?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I raised this with the client team. The min and max scores defined on the backend are just that; the absolute min and max scores. The score you get when you harvest an animal depends on probability scaling which is defined in the client. It seems the antler sheds for sitka were using slightly different values. This has been fixed so that the sheds and the sitka deer themselves use the same scale. This change will be rolled out with the next live patch.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

caledonianblues wrote:I raised this with the client team. The min and max scores defined on the backend are just that; the absolute min and max scores. The score you get when you harvest an animal depends on probability scaling which is defined in the client. It seems the antler sheds for sitka were using slightly different values. This has been fixed so that the sheds and the sitka deer themselves use the same scale. This change will be rolled out with the next live patch.
Will you guys clear the leaderbord as well then? so we have a chance of getting first. In the season the score was bugged and they reached around 160 that never got removed, and it's a bit boring to know when u hunt in Whiterime you can't find a 1st place LB shed

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Awesome cheers CDB. Should have changed the Sitka to match the sheds :p :lol:
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

Haha I second TK
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

caledonianblues wrote:I can confirm that these scores are not a bug. They are within the scoring range for sitka deer.
Exactly.

Sitka Blacktail Deer Word Records.

Pope and Young

Hunter: Charles R. Hakari
Score: 116 3/8
Year Taken: 8/7/1987

Boone and Crocket

SCORE: 133
HUNTER: Peter Bond
OWNER: D.J. Hollinger & B. Howard
DATE: 1970

The scoring systems themselves are no different. The same measurements are taken and those measurements are added in the same way. B&C is for deer killed with a gun . Pope and Young is for deer killed with a bow.

The Truth is out there.
But Those big sheds were probably frozen in the ground from back before the 70's and global warming has finally released them to your frustration.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
Exactly.

Sitka Blacktail Deer Word Records.

Pope and Young

Hunter: Charles R. Hakari
Score: 116 3/8
Year Taken: 8/7/1987

Boone and Crocket

SCORE: 133
HUNTER: Peter Bond
OWNER: D.J. Hollinger & B. Howard
DATE: 1970

The scoring systems themselves are no different. The same measurements are taken and those measurements are added in the same way. B&C is for deer killed with a gun . Pope and Young is for deer killed with a bow.

The Truth is out there.
But Those big sheds were probably frozen in the ground from back before the 70's and global warming has finally released them to your frustration.
Interesting facts!!

Did you read the rest of the topic Dan?? Hehehe Turks out there was a little something wrong :)
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

yeah, I did read the whole thread. The thing that interests me most is this
caledonianblues wrote: .....................................It seems the antler sheds for sitka were using slightly different values. This has been fixed so that the sheds and the sitka deer themselves use the same scale. This change will be rolled out with the next live patch.
It could be taken two ways.
Either the shed scores will be scaled back to match the animals, or the animals scores will be scaled up to match the sheds.
The sheds are after all scored to the true possible levels for Sitka Deer trophy heads.
Looks like we will just have to wait and see.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”