CAPTCHA

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: CAPTCHA

Post by Fletchette »

BCKidd wrote: I shouldn't have to login every-time with that box checked, but I do. :? ;) Peace.
BCKidd.
Yes, you will have to log in again you're not keeping cookies....Keep in mind, the server NEVER remembers you are logged in, on this or most any website. When you log into a website, your computer is passed authorization credentials, or a key, that is good for a certain about of time (expiration). Whenever your browser interacts with the server, the server checks to see of your key is still valid, and if so it lets you interact without having to log in again (make a new key). The key is stored in a cookie on your computer. If you or your browser deletes the cookie key, you manually log out of the website, or too much time has passed since the key was updated, then the key is invalid and you have to log in again.

Remaining logged in does NOT mean your account is "open", the server is never "open". The door is always locked. Not having to log in simply means that you have a valid key stored on YOUR computer, and if it hasn't expired, the server will accept the key and open the door for you. If you delete the key (cookie), then the server won't let you back in until you log in and create a new key.
Personal Bests...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Fletchette wrote:
BCKidd wrote: I shouldn't have to login every-time with that box checked, but I do. :? ;) Peace.
BCKidd.
Yes, you will have to log in again you're not keeping cookies....Keep in mind, the server NEVER remembers you are logged in, on this or most any website. When you log into a website, your computer is passed authorization credentials, or a key, that is good for a certain about of time (expiration). Whenever your browser interacts with the server, the server checks to see of your key is still valid, and if so it lets you interact without having to log in again (make a new key). The key is stored in a cookie on your computer. If you or your browser deletes the cookie key, you manually log out of the website, or too much time has passed since the key was updated, then the key is invalid and you have to log in again.

Remaining logged in does NOT mean your account is "open", the server is never "open". The door is always locked. Not having to log in simply means that you have a valid key stored on YOUR computer, and if it hasn't expired, the server will accept the key and open the door for you. If you delete the key (cookie), then the server won't let you back in until you log in and create a new key.
Thank you very much, Fletchette. So, I have to set Google to keep the cookie from theHunter- and likely set it in CCLeaner as well? I get it. Thanks again. 8-) ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BCKidd wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
BCKidd.

Thank you very much, Fletchette. So, I have to set Google to keep the cookie from theHunter- and likely set it in CCLeaner as well? I get it. Thanks again. 8-) ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
In modern OS's like 7 and 10, registry cleaners are not necessary or recommended. They are snake oil. As for CCleaner, there is this recent malware issue too... https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/201 ... 691960001/
Personal Bests...
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

@ BCKidd
Are you logging out of the site when you leave the forum.
Obviously if you log out then you will have to log back in ... and there comes the captcha again.
I have never logged out of the forum since the day I started playing this game, I also have "Remember me" enabled and I havn't even seen the this dreaded Captcha yet.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Ok, I did some tinkering with lowering some threshold settings for the captcha, unfortunately we have since then been hammered with spammers. I have as such had to revert back to the stricter settings and it will for the time being stay that way.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DanthemanBoone wrote:@ BCKidd
Obviously if you log out then you will have to log back in ... and there comes the captcha again.
I have never logged out of the forum since the day I started playing this game, I also have "Remember me" enabled and I havn't even seen the this dreaded Captcha yet.
I have remember me clicked on as well. But, yes, I do logout when I leave the Forum. I have tried simply closing it off without logging out, but I come back and there is the CAPTCHA. I have even tried like Fletchette mentions- allowing cookies, etc., and I still get it- the CAPTCHA that is. From Graham's response tho', I guess I have to live with it as is. I will survive. ;) Thanks to all of you for your responses and POVs. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Have you tried hitting it with a mallet yet?? Maybe you can beat the data into it :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

TreeKiwi wrote:Have you tried hitting it with a mallet yet?? Maybe you can beat the data into it :lol:
I'd never do a thing like that to my own Computer- it is my work tool. However, give me a mallet and I'd love to hammer on the dang Spam that has caused EW to have to have a CAPTCHA. ;) :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

BCKidd wrote:
I have remember me clicked on as well. But, yes, I do logout when I leave the Forum. I have tried simply closing it off without logging out, but I come back and there is the CAPTCHA. I have even tried like Fletchette mentions- allowing cookies, etc., and I still get it- the CAPTCHA that is. From Graham's response tho', I guess I have to live with it as is. I will survive. ;) Thanks to all of you for your responses and POVs. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
Are you using any of the script blocking add-ons for Chrome?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Hawkeye wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

BCKidd.
Are you using any of the script blocking add-ons for Chrome?
Hey Hawkeye, I'm about as dumb to how all that Chrome stuff works as a chicken with its head cut off. I wouldn't know exactly what to click on or click off in Chrome settings so that the "remember me" for this forum works. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “General Chat”