Parker Python Love

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
FastGun
Scout

Re: Parker Python Love

Post by FastGun »

Ravenousfox wrote:Longbow is the same noise level if you can place shots with the bow well.
Don't think same with you I can kill all the goose landed around me without spooking any with Parker or Pulsar but while using longbow after first or second hit they all fly away but this is just my observation I could be wrong or I am missing a lot :lol:
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

I always found the additional range finder sight very helpful. Also it's quite fast. However, I may prefer the Pulsar by just a bit :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

The Pulsar is nice for TS/Blind hunting, but the slow loading is a killer when you are on the ground stalking. Python hands down.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
knoxgek2

Post by knoxgek2 »

Its my go to bow. the pulsar sounds quieter but the spook radias is the same. ask any turkey oops there arnt any when i use the python
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Yeah I have to say VS turkey from a TS o think the Python is quieter than the Pulsar.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Some history for the newer players around here. :D

When the Parker Python got released (January 2013), I could not stand it. It was very weak. Then two things happened.
  • May 28, 2014: They added the Rangefinder Bow Sight, which made the bow extremely easy to shoot.
  • Aug 28, 2014: Almost unnoticed as part of a game update, EW introduced a "more realistic penetration & damage settings for all arrows & birdshot" which resulted in a noticeable boost for the Python.
The Parker turned from useless to the best bow available for me. New visitors on my Youtube channel get to see a Parker Python tribute video. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

FastGun wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Longbow is the same noise level if you can place shots with the bow well.
Don't think same with you I can kill all the goose landed around me without spooking any with Parker or Pulsar but while using longbow after first or second hit they all fly away but this is just my observation I could be wrong or I am missing a lot :lol:
I've had a group of Coyote around me in a Tree Stand at 16m I dropped one with the Longbow and the other coyote same distance didn't spook, I got the same result with Parker.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Hunter300
Spotter

Post by Hunter300 »

I prefer the Pulsar when I'm using a treestand. In my opinion it drops more animals on the spot than any other bow.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

This is just aiming mate :) I can drop anything on the spot with the Python and it's more quiet which is a bonus! But each to their own :)
Hunter300
Spotter

Post by Hunter300 »

TreeKiwi wrote:This is just aiming mate
Sadly we don't live in the ideal word in which our aim is always perfect. The Pulsar is far more forgiving.

Return to “General Chat”