The Hunting Horn

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Gregoire Iwaniec
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: The Hunting Horn

Post by Gregoire Iwaniec »

Hi there!

It's interesting to read someone that actually knows the real hunting horn!

To be frank its quite difficult to find someone that owns a horn, knows the proper melodies and can play them. We did get in touch with some players in Stockholm, and only one would fit the requirements. So we had an actual recording session with this musician that was a very good player, and even if he didn't know the exact tunes we had to make do with what we had!

I understand that it would be disapointing for those of you that knows more about this than I do, but we sometimes with have to make compromise between the realistic aspect of the game, the fun factor of an item (and in the end that what this horn is supposed to be, fun) and the reality of what we can achieve.

I'll make sure to reach out to you and your dad next time though!

Greg
D3AKUs
Hunter

Re: The Hunting Horn

Post by D3AKUs »

Gregoire Iwaniec wrote:Hi there!

It's interesting to read someone that actually knows the real hunting horn!

To be frank its quite difficult to find someone that owns a horn, knows the proper melodies and can play them. We did get in touch with some players in Stockholm, and only one would fit the requirements. So we had an actual recording session with this musician that was a very good player, and even if he didn't know the exact tunes we had to make do with what we had!

I understand that it would be disapointing for those of you that knows more about this than I do, but we sometimes with have to make compromise between the realistic aspect of the game, the fun factor of an item (and in the end that what this horn is supposed to be, fun) and the reality of what we can achieve.

I'll make sure to reach out to you and your dad next time though!

Greg
I can understand that it was probably hard to do, my Dad said that Hunting Horn is a "dying" art. He said that even in germany there is mostly only a small group of old people like him and the younger ones dont want to learn it.
I didnt mean to play down your work in any way if it maybe sounded like that. I just wanted to leave the information here i got from my dad.
I really enjoy the hunting horn, its a super funny item. And like i said if it werent for my dad telling me the whole history of hunting horns ( :lol: yes , if he starts talking he never stops ) after i showed him the one in the game i wouldnt even know that stuff. And as u can see by the other comments in this topic people seem to enjoy the horn a lot :)
And i am glad we even got it in the game after hearing the backround story from u.

Return to “General Chat”