Bravery Challenge Woes...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Obsidyan
Spotter

Re: Bravery Challenge Woes...

Post by Obsidyan »

Thanks for your input guys, really appreciated - I understand that with all games sometimes the road to progress can get a bit rocky and we need to toughen up occasionally for some hard patches. Overall, there really is no other game which even comes close to theHunter. I have (and always will) loved it for many years.

I apologize if I come across a little cynical at times - I just think it's healthy for us as a community to deal with the good, bad AND the ugly. At the risk of contradicting myself, I will try for the Bravery Challenge again - eventually I will get it with perseverance. Regardless of how broken it may be, in the end if you had fun - then that's all that matters :)
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Obsidyan wrote:Thanks for your input guys, really appreciated - I understand that with all games sometimes the road to progress can get a bit rocky and we need to toughen up occasionally for some hard patches. Overall, there really is no other game which even comes close to theHunter. I have (and always will) loved it for many years.

I apologize if I come across a little cynical at times - I just think it's healthy for us as a community to deal with the good, bad AND the ugly. At the risk of contradicting myself, I will try for the Bravery Challenge again - eventually I will get it with perseverance. Regardless of how broken it may be, in the end if you had fun - then that's all that matters :)

I hear that of you start calling the pig fat and then laughing at it... this helps getting charged haha or... not wanting to get charged. Ask him nicely not to charge you... this is almost a guaranteed charge :lol:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

hunt over a boar feeder in a good location really helps.ideally watch the boar turn and try and get it head on.then shoot at the very last minute.if you need help i could do a mp later.the boar do bluff charges and the on the spot shaq wiggle :lol: just be ready for the real charge. :D
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

I also had a hell of a time getting boars to charge. You just have to keep going after them.
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

A simple trick to get Wild Boar to charge you is to have two together.
Shoot one at the back first then the one at the front (if close enough) will charge you guaranteed.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I'll paste what I put on another thread--

I followed this one boar around for a good few hours just repeatedly getting in range to try and get him to charge. Half the time he ignored me, usually he ran away. Then he fell asleep and didn't wake up even with me RUNNING on him! It amused me quite a bit, but it took -hours- of him bolting before he finally charged... and then I missed the first one and had to do it all over again :lol: Was only around 730, too.

DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

weird, i started a game on hirschfelden. Walked 5 minutes and had the first boar attacking me, unfortunately i didn't see him coming so i was dead. I forgot my med kit so spawned back at the lodge.
I walked back and tracked them for 5 minutes, called them and they came to me. It attacked me and i kill it. Took me no longer than 30 minutes of work
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Obsidyan
Spotter

Post by Obsidyan »

Finally got one, I used both Rav and Ron's tricks & it worked like a charm.

Wait on tripod at feeder, drop some scent and call - watch a movie etc. Each time it failed I was able to try again within 15mins. Amazing guys thankyou so much :)
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

glad you did it. :D

Return to “General Chat”