Bravery Challenge Woes...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Obsidyan
Spotter

Bravery Challenge Woes...

Post by Obsidyan »

It's so nice to come back to theHunter after a long break. I have seen many wonderful improvements overall - but I can't say I am impressed with this new Bravery Challenge event.

I can respect making things difficult in any given challenge - but this one is exceptional in the amount of game-breaking glitches I have experienced. I have killed the Wild Boar Charging many times now but keep on getting the "walking" state on harvest. When you DO finally get the Boar to charge, probably 7 times out of 10 the charge animation fails to initialize and the Boar becomes Frozen - only to reanimate a few seconds later and run away. I believe after many attempts at this (and almost wasting an entire day on the event), that it's time to move on. Normally I am diligent enough to endure a few glitches and game bugs for a competition - but this one broke me. Thanks, but no thanks.
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: Bravery Challenge Woes...

Post by Ravenousfox »

Obsidyan wrote: When you DO finally get the Boar to charge, probably 7 times out of 10 the charge animation fails to initialize and the Boar becomes Frozen - only to reanimate a few seconds later and run away.
That reminds me of the Ibex, Bighorn Sheep and Dall Sheep that completely freeze when standing still on a slope (no Idle animation at all) they just look completely locked up in a frozen state.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Obsidyan
Spotter

Post by Obsidyan »

Yep, there's definitely still some issues with animation. I would have guessed that with good business management, EW would go out of their way to avoid exposing animation flaws in one of their events - at least I would have hoped so, but with this as well as the introduction to Pay For Your Trophies on Harvest!?! things are definitely going downhill.

Don't get me wrong... I'm completely addicted to the game-play and absolutely love everything else about it. I'm really excited to be back and I can't wait to spend another $1000.00 on this free-to-play game :)
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Obsidyan wrote:Pay For Your Trophies on Harvest!?!
Just in case you didn't know: you can disable the taxidermy prompt in the options menu if you don't like it - in which case it will only be shown after a trophy shot, but not on every harvest.

I love filling my lodge and I'm okay with paying for it - knowing that a lot of development time and costs went into it. The good thing is: nothing was lost for any player, you can still take pictures of your favorite trophies for free and ignore the new trophy lodge/taxidermy options if they're not to your liking.
Image Image Image
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Spending money is easy, 50 bucks a month and it accumulates fast..... but if you love the game then it's worth every cent. I have'nt even attempted the BC as I knew it would break my balls with frustration, awhile back there was another comp with charging Grizzlys. Normally in TGT they charge and maul me at the slightest oppertunity and I thught this will be easy and signed up..... sure enough in the comp they lgave me a wide birth and ran away when I tried to get close, must have been that moustache that I was wearing madde me look fierce and scary :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Obsidyan
Spotter

Post by Obsidyan »

I am definitely a fan of the new Trophy System, it's a fantastic concept - I just think it could have been implemented in a much fairer way which doesn't (appear to) take advantage. As mentioned in an earlier post - a script like that SHOULD check your previous harvests - and ONLY notify when there's an upgrade in rarity or score. Having to Alt+Tab to the forums to check your Highest Species Scores is somewhat annoying after the 10th kill or so. For now - I have mine written down on a piece of paper next to my monitor so I can check them at a glance, but updating them every day and sometimes every few hrs is becoming a chore.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Really???

Surely you must know your PB's? And you are beating your PB's every few hours?? Crikey!!
Obsidyan
Spotter

Post by Obsidyan »

Yep, lots of new species for me as I haven't played hardcore for a year or so atleast :)
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Obsidyan wrote:As mentioned in an earlier post - a script like that SHOULD check your previous harvests - and ONLY notify when there's an upgrade in rarity or score.
I agree that this would be a nice feature - actually I think it would've been a nice feature even before the lodges were released. But I don't think that this feature was intentionally left out to "take advantage".

Until now, I use the same workaround as you do - writing my PBs down in a spreadsheet. And a big animals will be taxidermized and photographed even if it's slightly below my personal best. :)
Image Image Image
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Another option is maybe wait till the end of the day and check your hunts. Because you are beating your best all the time. Save you making a 170 wt and then a 174,175 etc. You can also turn the prompt off and it will only pop up if you take a trophy shot! You have 24hours to Taxidermy :)

Happy hunting!

Return to “General Chat”