New reserve in 2017?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
kevin2106
Hunter

New reserve in 2017?

Post by kevin2106 »

Hello guys :)
This thread is for me asking EW about if there will be a new reserve this year, even though they said they will focus on bugs i stead. And, for you guys to write down what u think the next reserve will be (might be several threads like this but oh well) :)

supercelldrw
Hunter

Re: New reserve in 2017?

Post by supercelldrw »

They won't tell lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spoiler:
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

they will announce a new reserve when they think it is ready to be revealed.
on another note: we have gotten used to yearly releases of new reserves but we can never be 100% sure to get one. who knows what they are working on. maybe there is a feature or list of other things that would be much more appreciated by the community and thus is in development.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

TBH with you, Im a little concerned about a particular comment that the Devs said in the last update and what kind of impact its having on the development of new items/reserves ... " The depleted force of thehunter team is making its way through july, sustained by the occasional ice cream an dreams of the beach " ... while ice cream an dreams of the beach is fine, its the " depleted force of thehunter " thats got me wondering A: why is the team depleted and B: what that means for new content. Could be wrong here, but I hope this isnt the beginning of a downward spiral to the game we all love so much
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

pirahna590 wrote:TBH with you, Im a little concerned about a particular comment that the Devs said in the last update and what kind of impact its having on the development of new items/reserves ... " The depleted force of thehunter team is making its way through july, sustained by the occasional ice cream an dreams of the beach " ... while ice cream an dreams of the beach is fine, its the " depleted force of thehunter " thats got me wondering A: why is the team depleted and B: what that means for new content. Could be wrong here, but I hope this isnt the beginning of a downward spiral to the game we all love so much
Summer vacation season....
Personal Bests...
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Dang, time is going so fast. It feels like Timbergold Trails got released somewhen this year, but it didn't. You are right, slowly it's starting to get time for a new reserve again. I'm pretty sure though that if, it would be very late this year. November or December. Just my personal guess. :)
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Yeah EW has released a new reserve each year as far as i can remember, so just wondering. EW has indeed worked hard this year, i love all the thing that has bin released this year, exept the new HS system (only because i bought all reskins etc). I hope i will appreciate the rest of 2017 as much as i did with the time that has already gone :)

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

pirahna590 wrote:TBH with you, Im a little concerned about a particular comment that the Devs said in the last update and what kind of impact its having on the development of new items/reserves ... " The depleted force of thehunter team is making its way through july, sustained by the occasional ice cream an dreams of the beach " ... while ice cream an dreams of the beach is fine, its the " depleted force of thehunter " thats got me wondering A: why is the team depleted and B: what that means for new content. Could be wrong here, but I hope this isnt the beginning of a downward spiral to the game we all love so much
Alena stated in the July 14th status update,

"Good to see you in our woods! It’s been two weeks since our last status update, hope you haven’t missed us too much, with the new, apparently hugely popular Rustic trophy lodge out and all that. But you know, it’s July outside, and Sweden being Sweden, the action in town is slowly dying out due to the vacation season. We at theHunter are also pretty much decimated by the it, so you will see fewer and less regular updates in the next month (same goes about our support reply times), but we’ll be doing our best keeping you in the loop with the most important things going on in your favourite studio and your favourite game."

She is simply referring to the fact that much of the team is enjoying the summer season by taking off for breaks and vacations.

As for a guess to the new reserve, I'm thinking we won't be getting one this calendar year but I'd love to be proven wrong. I'm still "new" to thehunter compared to some of the veterans here so I haven't seen the sort of progress EW has made in the past few years. That said, I know if my short time here, they have done what I believe to be a good lot. I believe I joined the week TGT was released and have been here about 8-9ish months now. So, in that span of time, we've seen a new reserve released, four new species along with it (WT ptarmigan, grizzly, bighorn, RM elk), an additional three more species have been added (wolf, goats, dall sheep), trophy lodges were added, trophy shot poses, at least four new unique weapons not including reskins (.17 HMR, 10mm handgun, 10 gauge, 16 gauge, are .308s new?), and a handful of new items (goat feeder, predator decoys, dog packs, people packs, semi-functional sunglasses, shooting rests). So we've seen a good bit of content added and we're also being led on about another new species already. At least, I'm impressed with what they've put out in that amount of time. They've also been putting effort into fixing many of the bugs that people have faced, and whether or not they have results to show for every bug they've looked at, patching bugs still takes time. We also need to keep in mind that the most recent reserve released was also enormous in size, and WRR is quite the hike itself if you want to cover all of it. I imagine they know they've set player expectations high with these big maps, so if the next map they do is another big one, it'll probably take extra time as well.

So, if they've put out roughly one reserve a year in the past, then it's not impossible we could still see something in late 2017. But given their widespread focus on new features, new animals, and patching some of the stuff they already have, I'm thinking this will set a new reserve back to sometime in 2018. As long as they remain active and keep the community updated with whatever shenanigans they're getting into, I don't mind the wait.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I'm eager for a new reserve but I am sure one will be in the works. At what stage it's at is anyone's guess but I wouldn't be surprised to hear one announced in a few weeks.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

xOEDragonx wrote:But given their widespread focus on new features, new animals, and patching some of the stuff they already have, I'm thinking this will set a new reserve back to sometime in 2018. As long as they remain active and keep the community updated with whatever shenanigans they're getting into, I don't mind the wait.
This! 2017 has been the best year since I began following the development of this game closely (which I do since 2014). If we don't get a new reserve this year, I can live with it. We have eleven (!) to choose from, some new ones having the size of two older reserves. We finally got a new animal to give one of the most neglected hunting grounds a new kick (goats for BRR), we got dall sheep for WRR and we'll obviously get a new species that will also make the older hunting grounds more interesting. I'd rather have one very well thought-out reserve (like TGT) every other year than a half-assed reserve each year.
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”