Hemmadel

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jim1975
Scout

Re: Hemmadel

Post by jim1975 »

Radamus wrote:Another excellent spot. I have an ambush spot on the other side of the river between that round pond and the river bank. From the lodge down the hill and over to there, guaranteed fox in the bag. I've snuck down the hill and laid on the bank and spotted 3-4 fox in the river. One of my fav red deer/red fox spots and throw in annoying roe, whole herds of them :lol:

Do you mean the eye closest to the lodge? I rarely go up there. Might have to check it out. This is my spot co-ords x2706 y-510. I put a treestand in the tree at those co-ords and call away lol. I've had 4 or more foxes come in on 1 call before but hard to kill them all as they usually spook.

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I have a permanent tower exactly the other side of the river to you Jim! Great spot. Never had any monsters there, but always lots to shoot!

I think BRR or VBD are much better for foxes. The whole river in VBD is full of them!

BRR is good because it's easy to setup an ambush spot and the vision is unbeatable :)

TK
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

All my rares have come from hemi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

jim1975 wrote:
Radamus wrote:Another excellent spot. I have an ambush spot on the other side of the river between that round pond and the river bank. From the lodge down the hill and over to there, guaranteed fox in the bag. I've snuck down the hill and laid on the bank and spotted 3-4 fox in the river. One of my fav red deer/red fox spots and throw in annoying roe, whole herds of them :lol:

Do you mean the eye closest to the lodge? I rarely go up there. Might have to check it out. This is my spot co-ords x2706 y-510. I put a treestand in the tree at those co-ords and call away lol. I've had 4 or more foxes come in on 1 call before but hard to kill them all as they usually spook.
Sounds like a good candidate for a decoy.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Hawkeye wrote:Sounds like a good candidate for a decoy.
I've forgotten all about my flippy tail thing but you are right, good place to use it. You have about 2 square inches in which to place an arrow on a fox to drop him but they are worse than yotes when it comes to spooking, about as bad as turkey, hit the magic spot or it's one and done for 8-9 minutes.
supercelldrw wrote:All my rares have come from hemi -Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 2 silver tip fox, both on BRR
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

I am yet to get a decoy. I only have the caller. But yes would make a good spot as you can see from my pics it is a nice clearing for it.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

jim1975 wrote:

I am yet to get a decoy. I only have the caller. But yes would make a good spot as you can see from my pics it is a nice clearing for it.
Definitely a great spot. I've always hunted it from the ground, but I think you're right in hanging a stand there. I'll try to do that over the weekend while setting up some more equipment.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Hemmadel

Post by supercelldrw »

After hunting BRR last couple days no doubt best fox out of the three maps

Last edited by supercelldrw on July 24th, 2017, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Hawkeye wrote:
jim1975 wrote:

Definitely a great spot. I've always hunted it from the ground, but I think you're right in hanging a stand there. I'll try to do that over the weekend while setting up some more equipment.
Definitely the best

Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Eraser_SK wrote:Hemmadel? Are you from Murica?
Hemmadel = Hemmeldal
Murica = Morocco

I don't have a g'rudge, but my fecal stay outside al winter lung an all is do is russalot...... :lol:

I think we all knew where he meant...... huntin' Africa ;)

Return to “General Chat”