Problems with game

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
knoxgek2

Problems with game

Post by knoxgek2 »

Hi guys just wondering has any one had severe lag since the server maint. I had 2 quit 2 tonite already froze solid on me yesterday.anyone else having problems.
Last edited by Alena Rybik on July 14th, 2017, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified the title
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: new server probs

Post by caledonianblues »

I'm in a hunt and can't say I notice any lag. When you say lag, do you mean a drop in frame rates, or a delay with the server calculating something, such as scores?
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

I had freezes when shooting at animals. Really strange ones i never had before. The moment i pull the trigger i hear the shot and then silence for 2 seconds and frozen. After that it goes to normal but i hear the shot echoe like 10 times. Horrible for headphone users. Never happened before the maintenance. Got it 3 times already.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'm seeing it really bad hunting ducks - I had 3 flocks of ducks going over and I was in ratchet mode for 20 seconds. I am STILL getting a stutter screen as soon as any animal comes into render range. In a way it kind of sucks because I always know when there's an animal somewhere. I can't always tell in what direction but most times I can come close- If it's in front of me in my line of sight the skip is really hard, if the animal is on my periphery, it's a slight stutter and I miss it sometimes. What's really freaky is in thick woods with grizzlies, I don't know where they are. But, usually as soon as it skips, I get a call that's how I've been able to tell direction based on how hard the skip is.
I can usually duck hunt alone in MP, it's why I PW it- and I don't have issues- but it sucks right now. It could just be a terrible time of day for "speed" on my connection. I'll try ducks later tonight and comment if it's different but right now.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

I had the screen freez a few times too.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I was in MP game on BR and as soon as my partner had his dog to track a goat it went into stutter mode.... 5 sec of normal walk then 3 sec slowed stutter frames the whole time till the dog was sent to his kennel, also had this in WI when tracking coyote with my dog. Bigger animals like bears seem to make it worse for sure, my internet connection is fine and my PC has no issues with DirectX or graphic card and never had this issue before the new server move. System I have is Windows 10 64bit, intel core i5-5200U with a Intel Graphics HD 5500. Nothing special but does the job :-)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

pokie206
Hunter

Post by pokie206 »

Had my game freeze on Hemmeldal for 10 secs this morning and once yesterday too.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I don't see any problems so far. Or maybe I didn't notice that! :D
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Game freezes can not have any connection to the new database (we didn't move servers). It would be interesting to investigate when it started though and find the pattern (is it always when shooting animals?).
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I hunted Hemm after ducks last night and the only time I had bad skipping was when it snowed hard- when it was sunny, no issues- It reminds me of the heavy grass on TGT or the bushes on BRR and the snow covered bushes on WRR- the FPS goes to crap. I know my connection sucks and I could use a better card- but this skipping when animals come into render is a completely new thing the last 2 months or so, this I know for a fact, is not on my end- nothing has changed on my side.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”