Scent spray

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Scent spray

Post by supercelldrw »

How do you guys use your scent spray? Spray into the wind, spray trees?
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Scent spray

Post by Tanngnjostr »

supercelldrw wrote:How do you guys use your scent spray? Spray into the wind, spray trees?
It doesn't matter where you spray it physically. It lures animals into the exact spot that you applied it, no matter if you're standing close to a tree or on a meadow. Radius of attraction is 160 meters and it lasts for 20 in-game minutes and overrides calls for the same species - if I remember everything correctly.
Image Image Image
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Oh wow replaces calls
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

From the Wiki:
  • Urine scent sprays are used to attract animals to a certain spot.
  • Consider calling animals closer with a caller to bring them into the reach of the spray.
  • The sprays have a radial reach of 150m / 500ft reach. Wind does not influence their effect in any way.
  • There are no objects that need to be sprayed. Just spray anywhere, even in the air or on water will work. The game will remember the position.
  • The attraction time for scent sprays is 20 in-game minutes (10 real minutes).
  • Scents work great for specific luring of a spotted animal or group, or for blind luring. Apply the spray and move to a good observation position, or into a stand.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

is it just me that does 2 or 3 sprays when 1 is totally enough. i burn through bottles of the stuff. good job its gm$ buyable
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

L3M182 wrote:is it just me that does 2 or 3 sprays when 1 is totally enough. i burn through bottles of the stuff. good job its gm$ buyable
:lol: I have that habit too lol. I always spray twice, even tho I know 1 spray is sufficient. What can I say, old habits are tough to break lol
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

L3M182 wrote:is it just me that does 2 or 3 sprays when 1 is totally enough. i burn through bottles of the stuff. good job its gm$ buyable
Not the sprays, but many of the weak callers such as those for roe deer, coyote and wolf. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

HooCairs wrote:
Not the sprays, but many of the weak callers such as those for roe deer, coyote and wolf. :D
Guilty as well.

:lol:
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

HooCairs wrote:Not the sprays, but many of the weak callers such as those for roe deer, coyote and wolf. :D

I do this on all animal callers (except duck/geese oh and the predator caller). I'll call once then leave it about 30-60 seconds and then call again. I have noticed that if an animal is walking away from you when you do the first call is it carries on walking for about 5-10 yards before turning to face you. They quite often stop at this moment and stand there. By this time I am already making the second call. 95% of the time they then proceed to come where you called. I then find most animals call every 5 minutes in game time and can get to be predictable where I can call just before they do and it seems like they are responding back to me.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Same here lol :lol:
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”