Wolves ruined Rocky Mountain Elk A.I?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Wolves ruined Rocky Mountain Elk A.I?

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HooCairs wrote:
Hifisch wrote:but in the upper part of the really high mountains, they are close to non-existing.
I have never seen them stuck to a side of the border mountain range like the ibex are many times.
Only once Hoo. Seven of them at various heights on the big wall that is straight south of the snow covered peak in the northeast. Its a wall that rises above Ol' Reynolds Lost Nugget. There was a fight going on just near the top as well, on a little grassy spot to the left. Two or three Ewes were on the wall watching. I've gone back several times and have never seen them again.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

I still want the dog glitch fixed
Spoiler:
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Radamus wrote:One issue I've observed with elk and wolves and the caller is- chased elk go into nervous state after they quit running the same as if you had shot at them. While the wolves are chasing, or trailing, I've watch packs go by me paying no attention to the caller- But these guys are different than fox/yotes in that they kind of care sometimes and others come right to you. I've also walked into the woods, put up a TS, made a call and in 20 seconds a wolf is walking to me- never having heard a howl or anything- so from what we've been told about them and their AI, it appears to be about what we should expect is where I am at the present time. I do wish they didn't kill so many bull elk, sure have seen some nice racks on the ground.
This
Spoiler:
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

HooCairs wrote:
Hifisch wrote:but in the upper part of the really high mountains, they are close to non-existing.
I have never seen them stuck to a side of the border mountain range like the ibex are many times.
Dallas sheep also
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Why fix all this stuff,... don't we all just want the water bottles on PB for the hot weather effects, cold weather effects for WR & rope climbing for VDB?
When basic hunting needs fixed, this is where the game should be worked on, at least IMO this is what makes a hunting game work great.
But WOW!!!! we could write a book on the broken stuff right now just from this post................. :o
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

The best thing to do with TGT in my opinion :lol: :lol: :lol: ( its not against you ew just a joke ;) )
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

TGT has always be one of the best maps for me, how it looks is just awesome.
And yes i also have troubles sometimes with animals spooking cuz of wolves chasing Elks but i don't get it too often.

Still one of the best designed maps imo
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Ravenousfox wrote:TGT is quickly becoming the most frustrating map I've hunted on...

With the constent Ptarmigan flapping noise
+ slow load bug on inventory & map
+ track bugs
+ constent Crow cawing
+ Wolves chaing away my Elk
+ Annoying sound of the Wolf caller
+ Wolves sound exactly the same as Coonhounds licking their chops. :lol:
I wear a headset and those ptarmigan can drive a guy up a wall. It’s too much, and seems a lot worse than the other maps with ptarmigan.
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:TGT is quickly becoming the most frustrating map I've hunted on...

With the constent Ptarmigan flapping noise
+ slow load bug on inventory & map
+ track bugs
+ constent Crow cawing
+ Wolves chaing away my Elk
+ Annoying sound of the Wolf caller
+ Wolves sound exactly the same as Coonhounds licking their chops. :lol:
You are forgetting the ever busy bighorn sheep being the most difficult animal to hunt in the entire game. ;)
The Bighorn just need a population boost, big time. The only thing that makes them difficult is that there are so few in such a large area. When they were released, I used to see good sized groups of them, nice mixed herds of sometimes 5-7. Nowadays, if I see a group it's usually only a couple. Of course tho, there are Ptarmigans everywhere. Yay. :rolleyes:
I see some nicer groups but not more than a couple, and it does seem like the bigger sheep are solo more often than grouped.
kolobok12
Spotter

Post by kolobok12 »

long wanted to write, why are there so many wolves? Everything is perfect: the animation, hierarchy, the pursuit of prey. But why are there so many wolves???????? I have all the animals running in terror.!!
p.s. can roe deer make voiceless.. xD

Return to “General Chat”