Brown Bear...Silver Tipped and Albino?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Brown Bear...Silver Tipped and Albino?

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hey all,

Not sure if this would be the right forum for this thread, if not a mod can move it.
But I am curious here. Since the bear revamp a while back, and overlooking the goofy googly-eyed male Brown Bear bug, but I am wondering if anyone has killed or seen the rare variants of Brown Bear, the Silver Tipped or Albino? Used to see a bunch of them posted in the "Post Your Rares" thread (or whatever it's called lol), but I haven't seen a single one of either posted in a very long time, at least since the revamp. Are they gone now? Did EW forget about them? Or were they made overly rare now? If anyone has any pictures or info of either to ensure they do still exist, please post em up!
Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: Brown Bear...Silver Tipped and Albino?

Post by Villkatta »

They exist. Still as rare as before, but the silver-tipped is hard to recognize theses days.

Albino(Hunter: TheSheWolf):

Silver-tipped:

Flinter
Scout

Post by Flinter »

Silver tipped sure are hard to recognize, I knew the one I shot looked a bit odd, but thought nothing of it until I looked at my stats

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I really miss the days, when they looked like this . :cry:

Image Image

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Well, they look much better now in regards to proportions and fur. It's the new color of the silver-tipped I can't stand. The albino is decent enough.

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Wow. That's kinda sad really. The new Silver Tipped looks terrible as opposed to the old one. It's exactly like the Gray Grizzly Bear. Now I wonder if I actually have killed a few and never even knew. Gonna have to check. Glad to see they are still around, but I wonder why no one posts them anymore?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The harvest screen does not tell us about any rares unfortunately. I don't want to know how many rare ducks, geese and hares I have missed. I have even missed a melanistic moose cow which I detected later in the hunt history only by chance.

You would think EW wants you to know about your rares considering the time they put into making them.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Villkatta wrote:Well, they look much better now in regards to proportions and fur. It's the new color of the silver-tipped I can't stand. The albino is decent enough.
See, the brown bear is one of the few animals that really annoys me in terms of proportions. What's up with its tiny, tiny head? I mean none of the bears are great with it but... Here's an example. I red-lined and overlaid a normal brown bear (one I think was of average proportions) with this one.

I feel like when making any model for a game one should do this during the process. Other examples are the wolves--almost all games give them big, broad chests whereas real wolves have chests so narrow you can barely fit fingers between the junction of the front legs. This game's no exception. Likewise the tails of TheHunter wolves are long and weirdly curved, when real wolves have short, straight, bushed tails. The Red Deer are shaped oddly, their faces are off, and the coyotes and foxes are bigger than the scenthounds. The hogs/boar have front legs way too far forward, pretty much in their necks. I'd love to see reworks of some of these models, honestly. The game's great but animals are the focal point and when they look a bit off it really detracts from the immersion.

I LOVE, on the other hand, moose (they look and move fantastically imo), elk, ibex, rabbits, etc. Even the whitetails and other 'regular' deer could use a rework for animations/model in my eyes. I'd love to see a longer, lower-slung whitetail buck pausing, flicking ears and looking around slowly with neck extended forward rather than it hunched/curled back and jerk-ing around as it is now. The bears' fur looks really unnatural and odd to me too, very thin and obviously not 'attached.' I'd go back to having a flat model again, just not as shiny as it was before.

So the colors for me are a more minor thing--I think a lot of the models and skins could really use work.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Villkatta wrote:Well, they look much better now in regards to proportions and fur. It's the new color of the silver-tipped I can't stand. The albino is decent enough.
I like the old brown bears . Don't like the new at all, sorry . Taste is personal for sure .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Braylin50
Tracker

Post by Braylin50 »

HooCairs wrote:The harvest screen does not tell us about any rares unfortunately. I don't want to know how many rare ducks, geese and hares I have missed. I have even missed a melanistic moose cow which I detected later in the hunt history only by chance.

You would think EW wants you to know about your rares considering the time they put into making them.

And the fact that they can now make some money if we mount them in our trophy lodge.

Return to “General Chat”