Trophy Room Poses

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
killertut
Master Hunter

Re: Trophy Room Poses

Post by killertut »

SethAndNic wrote:The reason I say we in my posts is that me (14) and my brother (13) use the same account. :)
And yes it is in single player.
Terms of Service wrote:14. You may not advertise the intent to or commit the act of buying, selling, trading, sharing, or transferring access to any theHunter.com account.
maybe you should ask support if it is allowed to share the account with your brother :)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Well, David was faster... :(

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

It doesn't mean you can't play off the same computer, I don't think. But, you and your brother should have two accounts one for you and one for him. Take turns. If you have two computers then you would only need to have an account for each of you. But as Killertut mentioned you should ask support if you and he can share an account- I don't think you can, but I could be totally wrong. Good luck in settling it. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Using the same computer is fine. Sharing an account is against the terms and conditions.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Its forbidden for a young kid to play/share a game together with his younger brother?

Its a real shame to life in such a world.
Now offline. Forever.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

\m/ wrote:Its forbidden for a young kid to play/share a game together with his younger brother?

Its a real shame to life in such a world.
It's forbidden to share accounts. Nothing more specific than that. If you look at the terms and conditions for most online games, they will have a similar policy. EVE springs to mind. They are very strict about this.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

It's an difficult one really. 2 young lads sharing out of convenience is harmless enough in this instance but account sharing is banned because it's so easily abused in so many ways. Seems harsh but you bend rules for 1 group you have to bend them for the next :/. Quality hunters at 13 and 14 become master hunters at 18 and 19 praying that thehunter last that long then account sharing between adults is just straight up unfair for everyone else. And which brother takes the hit and starts again from scratch?

If it were me I'd say because they have never hid the fact they share an account or play together and went as far as to name the account after them both and get involved in the community. Dupe the account with the gear and stats they already have worked hard together to achieve, and from here on out they have solo accounts.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

L3M182 wrote:Dupe the account with the gear and stats they already have worked hard together to achieve, and from here on out they have solo accounts.
There's no tool for doing this, nor is it something I would expect to happen. Also, it would set a precedent for many others to the forum and "come clean about account sharing", so their buddy who wants to join theHunter can have an exact copy of their account, gear, stats and so on ;)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

caledonianblues wrote:
L3M182 wrote:Dupe the account with the gear and stats they already have worked hard together to achieve, and from here on out they have solo accounts.
There's no tool for doing this, nor is it something I would expect to happen. Also, it would set a precedent for many others to the forum and "come clean about account sharing", so their buddy who wants to join theHunter can have an exact copy of their account, gear, stats and so on ;)

yeah your totally right dave :/
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

While I understand why the rule about sharing is there, I don't think it is binding in the case where minor brothers in the same household are involved.

Since you can't enter into a binding contract with a minor, you are actually entering into that contract with their legal guardian (parent) and they are actually the account holder, and responsible for it's use. If you allow a minor to play with the parents permission, you are actually allowing it to be shared.
If the parent wants them to share the account, you have already given permission to the parent to share it.

Now since you already stated in the TOS that IP addresses are collected, it is very easy to see if it is being used on more than one computer, at which time action could be taken if deemed necessary.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”