Trophy Lodge coming soon

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Trophy Lodge coming soon

Post by gas56 »

xOEDragonx wrote: I do understand, and I will gladly agree to disagree. I hope no offense was taken Gas, as that was never intended.
None taken,...
I do try to point out things that I think in the game does not work as they should,.. which is my opinion.
I am a perfectionist,.. but over the years I've accepted that does not mean to ever getting things done perfect, because if it is done over and over until trying to get it perfect it may become worse in the process. But in a Computer World it can get accomplished without physical labor. That is the difference. Brain Power is remarkable.
If you have ever been there then you should understand what I mean.
But now there is a flaw, just one for now on the structure, it is the size of the inside of the Trophy Lodge, some animal horns & antlers are too big for the spaces that they go through the ceiling.
How could of this have possibly happened if it was tested with the maximum size trophies.......... ;)
They should fix it now by enlarging (scaling it bigger) the Trophy lodge so animals will have plenty of extra space, but what do I know about it?
And I'm sure the bugs will start crawling all over the place if they haven't stomped on them........... :lol:
At least I'm getting a big laugh over this post, because I think it is pretty funny!

Have a good 1.................GAS
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

gas56 wrote: But now there is a flaw, just one for now on the structure, it is the size of the inside of the Trophy Lodge, some animal horns & antlers are too big for the spaces that they go through the ceiling.
How could of this have possibly happened if it was tested with the maximum size trophies.......... ;)
Now that is one thing I can definitely agree with. It seems to be an issue with any of the animals with large horns or antlers, like the elk, red deer and ibex. It's a fairly obvious issue that I can't see having been overlooked. They addressed the difficulty with finding poses that would prevent the issue from happening but... surely there's a fix. I know nothing about programming, but I can't imagine changing the size of the lodge would be an easy feat. Shrinking the trophies would seem like a more realistic alternative but then who would want that? I know the deer species at least have a pose that allows them to look down in such a way to reduce antlers clipping through the ceilings and walls, but it's still not perfect with some of the biggest trophies available. Perhaps another pose, looking even further down, could fix it. But I believe EW is very aware of the issue at this point and I trust they'll do something in the future to deal with it.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

xOEDragonx wrote:
gas56 wrote: But now there is a flaw, just one for now on the structure, it is the size of the inside of the Trophy Lodge, some animal horns & antlers are too big for the spaces that they go through the ceiling.
Now that is one thing I can definitely agree with. It seems to be an issue with any of the animals with large horns or antlers, like the elk, red deer and ibex. It's a fairly obvious issue that I can't see having been overlooked. They addressed the difficulty with finding poses that would prevent the issue from happening but... surely there's a fix. I know nothing about programming, but I can't imagine changing the size of the lodge would be an easy feat. Shrinking the trophies would seem like a more realistic alternative but then who would want that? I know the deer species at least have a pose that allows them to look down in such a way to reduce antlers clipping through the ceilings and walls, but it's still not perfect with some of the biggest trophies available. Perhaps another pose, looking even further down, could fix it. But I believe EW is very aware of the issue at this point and I trust they'll do something in the future to deal with it.
Scaling the model trophy lodge taller only is quite easy and fast with 3ds max which I know how to use,
I don't know which 3d program they use, but it should be similar.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

gas56 wrote:Scaling the model trophy lodge taller only is quite easy and fast with 3ds max which I know how to use,
If only life was that simple. I know you can just scale a model, in any 3D application, but the trophy lodge is not just a static model. It's made up from a large collection of assets. There are so many other things to take into consideration. I could scale a model in Blender in a few seconds, but that doesn't really help with solving this particular problem.

Alena will be addressing the clipping antlers problem with the team this week, and I'm sure she will provide an update in due course.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

caledonianblues wrote:
gas56 wrote:Scaling the model trophy lodge taller only is quite easy and fast with 3ds max which I know how to use,
If only life was that simple. I know you can just scale a model, in any 3D application, but the trophy lodge is not just a static model. It's made up from a large collection of assets. There are so many other things to take into consideration. I could scale a model in Blender in a few seconds, but that doesn't really help with solving this particular problem.

Alena will be addressing the clipping antlers problem with the team this week, and I'm sure she will provide an update in due course.
Nothing else would have to be changed if you scaled the model walls tall enough so antlers would have more than enough room.
You might want to raise the roof and align it to the taller walls,... and every other linked object could remain in place so it wouldn't change their values.
I really didn't need to say that did I ?
But please enlighten me if you feel I am way off course :)
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

;) ;) Me too I wish but they do not understand ! snifff !
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Would like to see some adjustment for this as well:

Return to “General Chat”