roaming speed brown bear

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jim1965
Scout

roaming speed brown bear

Post by jim1965 »

is something wrong with the roaming speed or brown bear? I'm just testing the new baiting system.I walk up to the barrel, shoot a bear or two (i dont care about the penalty), look for a good sized bear track and start to track.But whatever I do I cant close down the distance between myself and the bear. if I just walk the distance become larger. if I run I cant close in on the bear. I never see trotting or fleeing tracks just roaming and dropings tracks.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: roaming speed brown bear

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Image Image Image
DOGGRIPSLLC
Tracker

Post by DOGGRIPSLLC »

Yeah I gave up on tracking them months ago. Now I just make sure they drop when I shoot them.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Happened to me for the first time a few days ago with a Black Bear on RFF. So it's just not Brown Bear. It was a high scoring spotting result so I didn't want to give up. I was really surprised that the tracks changed from bleeding, fleeing and then to roaming FOREVER. Went through the whole map before I found it dead in the forest. And that is after about 45 min of running!!! Constantly roaming. Got really annoyed but still forgot to look it up afterwards or report it. Now I know it wasn't just me.
jim1965
Scout

Post by jim1965 »

I hope there wil be a fix for this because being able to track animals is a core business of this game
CodeBlue
Tracker

Post by CodeBlue »

I also had it with brown bears, but recently also with a goat and sadly it was one with leaderboard potential, since it was far bigger than my other 300+ goats shot so far. Lucky enough I shot a similar one a week later and that one did indeed end up on the leaderboard. So yeah, this bug can be seriously annoying and they should really fix it.
jim1965
Scout

Post by jim1965 »

DOGGRIPSLLC wrote:Yeah I gave up on tracking them months ago. Now I just make sure they drop when I shoot them.
I know what you mean now . i just shot one in the intestines , it took off and the health decresed until 1%-4% then it started roaming and i never saw it back. I ran about 8km behind it and then i gave up :evil:
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

You will never come close to an animal you track when running. Se the way they walk/runs and try a shortcut. Not always easy to predict, but sometimes it pays off.
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

Know this bug well started when TGT was released even with new baiting no change unless baiting pigs don't waste your time money with others
jim1965
Scout

Post by jim1965 »

wintergoose wrote:You will never come close to an animal you track when running. Se the way they walk/runs and try a shortcut. Not always easy to predict, but sometimes it pays off.
If you run you can catch up with a bear. but i didnt do that in the beginning. i shot it in the intestines and she fled , i started crouching tracking then after a wile walking . the bear got back in a roaming state and i never could catch up with her . i only saw roaming tracks and droppings. i shot about 1700 bears , tracked a lot of them and now its impossible to do just that :( . Before it was not like this.

Return to “General Chat”