They sure want to get rid of this game...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
PardalAlgarve
Tracker

Re: They sure want to get rid of this game...

Post by PardalAlgarve »

Why do it seems to me that the hunter classic graphics seem more realistic than COTW? It would be nice to compare 3 pics THC vs real vs COTW.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Hawkeye wrote:
vsaet wrote:
Sqwertle wrote:
Honestly they coulda marketed the game much more than they did. It sort of came out of nowhere, this massive beautiful next gen open world adventure yet no one really knew about it except the dedicated Hunter fans on here and maybe some hardcore gamers. I hardly saw anything in the way of marketing pre release at least on major websites or anything like that.
...And without a demo version released to help players decide if they can and like the game. I saw in steam forum that players paid for the game they meet the requirement but they can't play! All program's may have a demo version because the minimum requirement are not true every time. Many players from the classic would like to try it but no way. From videos I saw seems more Shooting than hunting game.
My opinion of course! ;)
It is a Steam-exclusive game...which means that EVERYBODY can request a refund if they played less than 2 hours, just like every other game on the Steam market. If any player purchased the game & could not play it because of the system requirements, they can immediately request a refund.
The problem is not only requirements it's also evaluating the game. At least 2 days not 2 hours :roll: And in addition: "pay me and if you don't like the game tell me that your system don't play the game and I will refund you" Great! ;)
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

PardalAlgarve wrote:Why do it seems to me that the hunter classic graphics seem more realistic than COTW? It would be nice to compare 3 pics THC vs real vs COTW.
Depends of your system capacity and especially your graphics card and how the card is configured. The game i think give some adjustments in the settings section. Nvidia gives supported games for better adjustment. I don't think COTW is inside! The classic never was :(
Sqwertle
Tracker

Post by Sqwertle »

PardalAlgarve wrote:Why do it seems to me that the hunter classic graphics seem more realistic than COTW? It would be nice to compare 3 pics THC vs real vs COTW.
Part of it is that it doesn't look as sharp as classic because of the default TAA enabled... makes everything look a little greasy like vaseline on the edges. You can turn off the antialiasing in a config though and I've found it looks a lot sharper and better.. more in line with classic... but then with all the new lighting and environmental effects etc that look so darn good.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Hawkeye wrote:
vsaet wrote:
Sqwertle wrote:
Honestly they coulda marketed the game much more than they did. It sort of came out of nowhere, this massive beautiful next gen open world adventure yet no one really knew about it except the dedicated Hunter fans on here and maybe some hardcore gamers. I hardly saw anything in the way of marketing pre release at least on major websites or anything like that.
...And without a demo version released to help players decide if they can and like the game. I saw in steam forum that players paid for the game they meet the requirement but they can't play! All program's may have a demo version because the minimum requirement are not true every time. Many players from the classic would like to try it but no way. From videos I saw seems more Shooting than hunting game.
My opinion of course! ;)
It is a Steam-exclusive game...which means that EVERYBODY can request a refund if they played less than 2 hours, just like every other game on the Steam market. If any player purchased the game & could not play it because of the system requirements, they can immediately request a refund.
What if it take more than 2 hours for someone to download it?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
HunterMx

Post by HunterMx »

Most potential customers are pretty clueless about the differences between games, they see an 8 year old game that requires a subscription and expensive gear, that looks outdated and has a 41% approval rating, and they see a similar but brand new game that looks great, has a 68% approval rating and requires only one purchase, plus its advertised with a huge banner in Classic. Do the math. :roll:

I don't want this game to die at all. I spent close to $1000 on this game, I killed thousands of animals this season and still like it as much, if not more, than ever, I'm just very pessimistic about its future and Alena's words (with all respect) don't convince me, because eventually the top managers of Avalanche Studios will be comparing the 2017 with the 2016 results and making decisions based on that.

How about customers like this:
Scarmax wrote:I have to admit, now that I've played several hours of Call of The Wild, I'm spoiled by the Apex engine's visual beauty and I think I would have a very difficult time playing theHunter Classic again simply because... well, it's ugly.
He won't be the only one...

The only tiny bit of hope I have is that COW will never get TruRacs, trophy shots, competitions, etc, because once that's added to COW it's most definitely over and out for Classic and you all know it.
I'm a drama queen? Sorry, but you can only make that claim 1 or 2 years for now, right now you're better off lighting a candle and doing a little prayer, if you think that helps. :)

PS: are they promoting theHunter Classic also with a huge banner in COW?
Last edited by HunterMx on February 26th, 2017, 11:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

DHRifleman wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
vsaet wrote: ...And without a demo version released to help players decide if they can and like the game. I saw in steam forum that players paid for the game they meet the requirement but they can't play! All program's may have a demo version because the minimum requirement are not true every time. Many players from the classic would like to try it but no way. From videos I saw seems more Shooting than hunting game.
My opinion of course! ;)
Steam keeps track of the time you play. I think it's 2 hours playing time.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Sqwertle
Tracker

Post by Sqwertle »

DHRifleman wrote:
Only actual playtime counts
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Now we know all about!
The new game is a steam game not an EW because steam decides.
Is not a standalone game because you can't playing it without steam. Standalone games is the one I give you the link to see how is charged after steam I purchased wrights.
FSX the best STANDALONE Game ever created and without Intel i3 or i7 to play it. :!:
All I have on my Gold edition of FSX steam sale it for about, I can't count because I have about 80 Gigabytes of add-on. ;)
Look here what you have to expect after a time with the call of the wild http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/ :o
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

vsaet wrote:Now we know all about!
The new game is a steam game not an EW because steam decides.
Is not a standalone game because you can't playing it without steam. Standalone games is the one I give you the link to see how is charged after steam I purchased wrights.
FSX the best STANDALONE Game ever created and without Intel i3 or i7 to play it. :!:
All I have on my Gold edition of FSX steam sale it for about, I can't count because I have about 80 Gigabytes of add-on. ;)
Look here what you have to expect after a time with the call of the wild http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/ :o
Baloney, EW at their worst is not Dovetail games.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Return to “General Chat”