They sure want to get rid of this game...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Last Crusader

Re: They sure want to get rid of this game...

Post by Last Crusader »

Call of the Wild looks to be one of those games you have to play all the time just to slowly unlock the game all to find when you spend you're life finally getting to the end, it gets old. I like the Classic game because I can buy what I want to do and takes little time out of my day to be able to sit down and compete for a trophy.
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

I need an option to unlock everything, at the rate I play it will take me 10 years just to get all the equipment, I too like the freedom of choice when it comes to hunting, now I have to use the same gun and no clallers over and over, I need to git gud I guess.
friction28
Scout

Post by friction28 »

After spending about 10 or so hours with COTW I don't think classic will die their totally different games the fact COTW has no kind of global leader board for animal scores enough to keep competitive hunters in classic alone. They squash a few bugs in COTW I play both games side by side easy. It's a good time to be a pixel hunter!
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

jeff1963 wrote:
vsaet wrote:Now we know all about!
The new game is a steam game not an EW because steam decides.
Is not a standalone game because you can't playing it without steam. Standalone games is the one I give you the link to see how is charged after steam I purchased wrights.
FSX the best STANDALONE Game ever created and without Intel i3 or i7 to play it. :!:
All I have on my Gold edition of FSX steam sale it for about, I can't count because I have about 80 Gigabytes of add-on. ;)
Look here what you have to expect after a time with the call of the wild http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/ :o
Baloney, EW at their worst is not Dovetail games.
:idea: We have only to wait and....see! ( I speak for call of the wild not the classic)
And. any comparison of Dovetail games with FSX ,that is baloney! ;)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Is COTW stable enough to purchase and put time into now? I was ready to buy it at launch but I backed off when I read all the complaints.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

JimboCrow wrote:Is COTW stable enough to purchase and put time into now? I was ready to buy it at launch but I backed off when I read all the complaints.
so far i had no stability issues at all. well one crash when i pressed the exit button (so the result of the crash is what i wanted anyway ;) )

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

JimboCrow wrote:Is COTW stable enough to purchase and put time into now? I was ready to buy it at launch but I backed off when I read all the complaints.
I crashed once, on day one, and have over 20 hours total in. There have been a few patches since my crash, so perhaps fixed the issue I had. The problem with reading complaints is they often get blown way out of proportion. If you sell 100k copies of a game, and 1k people have issues, those are the 1k people complaining about them on the Forums while the other 99k are too busy playing & enjoying the game. Of course, there were & still are a few issues, but it's certainly nothing game-breaking in my opinion. I have personally witnessed only a very small percentage of the bugs people are talking about on the Forum. What does impress me is the speed of patches so far. If they keep up that pace, many of the bugs will be squashed in no time.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

vsaet wrote:
jeff1963 wrote:
Is not a standalone game because you can't playing it without steam. Standalone games is the one I give you the link to see how is charged after steam I purchased wrights.
FSX the best STANDALONE Game ever created and without Intel i3 or i7 to play it. :!:
All I have on my Gold edition of FSX steam sale it for about, I can't count because I have about 80 Gigabytes of add-on. ;)
Look here what you have to expect after a time with the call of the wild http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/ :o
Baloney, EW at their worst is not Dovetail games.
:idea: We have only to wait and....see! ( I speak for call of the wild not the classic)
And. any comparison of Dovetail games with FSX ,that is baloney! ;)
Dovetail games bought the rights to FSX some time ago, and are responsible marketing it and for all DLC packages you were referencing.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

If you're referring to the number of addons, I would say not a chance. The games have completely different business models. In no way, shape, or form, will CotW become a FSX or Train Simulator in terms of their DLC offerings. Both of those other Dovetail IP's allow 3rd party development of planes, trains, routes, etc. It is the 3rd party development that leads to tons of DLC offerings. None of this is a bad thing, as there are hundreds of OPTIONAL offerings available to the player to enable them to create the experience that is right for them.

EW, on the other hand, does not allow mods, and certainly does not support 3rd party development of addons. Let's say, for sake of argument, that EW suddenly allowed 3rd party development of add-ons to CotW, or have already done so unannounced. Who would develop them? Who would develop reserves and/or species? Remember that the plane/train gaming simulation market is well established and has been around for over 15 years. The 3rd party developers have been supporting the games for nearly as long, and you have dedicated developers such as Armstrong Powerhouse, Victory Works, Smokebox, Skyhook Games, Digital Train Model, PMDG, Flight Sim Developers, Flight Sim Labs, Level D Simulations, Captain Sim, A2A Simulations, Carenado, Aerosoft, Orbx etc etc. The hunting game market is much smaller by comparison, and I can't imagine that it would be big enough to support 3rd party developers, and certainly not to the same degree as the other games do.

My prediction is they'll release a few big DLC packs that include reserves, new species, a few weapons, and that's it. It's not marketed as a micro-transaction game, so I don't think they'll change that strategy by throwing in a dozen weapon DLC packs. To me, that wouldn't make much sense.
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Hawkeye wrote:My prediction is they'll release a few big DLC packs that include reserves, new species, a few weapons, and that's it. It's not marketed as a micro-transaction game, so I don't think they'll change that strategy by throwing in a dozen weapon DLC packs. To me, that wouldn't make much sense.
To be fair, a game like Payday2 wasn't marketed originally as being chock full of DLC (a micro transaction game) from day 1, but you should check out the DLC list that game currently has. I think it's more fair to say that it's very dependant on how successful the game is that will determine the DLC support the game gets. Why stop making stuff that sells well? The game seems to be doing quite well so far, so hopefully that means a bright future (and one full of additional content) for it.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!

Return to “General Chat”