Animals spawning on days 2, 3...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Animals spawning on days 2, 3...

Post by HooCairs »

It has been my understanding that whenever a new day starts within my hunting session, a complete set of new animals is generated or "spawned". Two observations make me believe that this is actually not the case. I believe that only all live animals are replaced by new ones, but dead animals do not get replaced. The two observations:

1. It has been reported that players have spotted animals on day 1, and then received the very same spotting information on day 2 from an animal of the same species, but different measures, i.e. weight and/or score. See more details here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... me#p826693
Maybe someone remembers where this was reported.

2. I have a game up since almost 30 hours now for the Ton of Ducks competition. The objective is to shoot as many ducks as possible in one hunt. I had the game run in the background while doing other stuff and only listened for incoming flocks. As usual it was very busy at the start, and at some point it became slower. I thought I would get a full set of ducks again on day 2. On day 2 ducks came again, but not as many as I am used to. I am now on day 3 and the game has run almost dry of ducks. There are very few ducks coming, "flocks" are 1-4 ducks, and the intervals in between are very long. There are few ducks left. I have certainly not received a full spawn of all four ducks species.

Any thoughts or experience from anyone else?

I have changed the Wiki text to be on the safe side.

Before:
When retiring to a tent or lodge at 19:00 hours (7:00 pm), the session continues at 05:00 hours (5:00 am) in the morning 'of the next day'. During this process, a complete new set of animals is spawned. If you still had dead animals to collect they will have been removed in the process.

Now:
When retiring to a tent or lodge at 19:00 hours (7:00 pm), the session continues at 05:00 hours (5:00 am) in the morning 'of the next day'. During this process, new animals are spawned. If you still had dead animals to collect they will have been removed in the process.

On a side note, I have shot the following ducks so far which might give an indication of how many there roughly are in a game session.
Mallards: 115
Pintails: 58
Am. Blacks: 51
Gadwalls: 68
Total: 292
Average bird weight: 1.05kg
I would estimate to have killed +90% of all ducks available at the start. Funny to see more gadwalls killed than the other new duck species. Maybe EW made some changes after gadwalls were killed only half as much as pintails and am. blacks.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
tbug
Outfitter

Re: Animals spawning on days 2, 3...

Post by tbug »

Someone had a very through write up on this. I believe it was waiora. Also I think new animals are spawned in MP games but they are unharvestable.

EDIT: I had it backward. When hunting SP 2nd respawns are unharvestable.
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... ay#p832941
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks for the hint. Could be this post: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 41#p832941

Although the observations are somewhat different from mine. I had no problems collecting any of the ducks. Maybe ducks are different because they are in a pool that "leaks" flocks throughout the hunt, and as I have seen now, no ducks are replaced and thus no harvest issue appears.

Based on what waiora says I wonder if all animals are replaced on the following days except the waterfowl due to the difference in spawning mechanics.

I think I will make another experiment and try to clear an entire map by going through various days. That would be a project for a week of vacation though. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Flinter
Scout

Post by Flinter »

I have once had tracks from an 85-100kg whitetail at like 18:57. I marked the tracks and returned after the new day began, the tracks were still there, just a few minutes older, as I had to run back, I found the buck and harvested him. Could it be that only dead animals are replaced? I know this is just one instance so it's not really that reliable data

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

HooCairs wrote: Based on what waiora says I wonder if all animals are replaced on the following days except the waterfowl due to the difference in spawning mechanics.
I also done some testing (SP) myself and i cant find any pattern to confirm it 100%

In one of my hunts i have harvested pretty much every Red deer on the map (except the females and few low scoring ones....like under 200 points or so), then proceeded to next day, and to my surprise the first stag that i came across was showing estimated score in a 190-220 range while it was obvious that its a 260+ monster. I took him down and harvested without any issues (scored 275+), few animals later the same thing happened with another stag (low estimation - scored 250+). Eventually i could not harvest a wild boar (i didn't harvest any during first day).....and 5 minutes later game crashed.

If i had to bet i would say its completely random. (the waiora could be on something but during 2015 i have tested the game couple of times starting the 1st day hunts at 18.00 - not harvesting anything and extending to 2nd day, and still i would eventually end up with crashing game or not being able to harvest animals).

Well....who knows. (find me a dev. with a clue and i am ready to curl and kiss my own hairy a** :D )

p.s. maybe worth mentioning...... If during the first day i leave dead animals on the ground i can find the glowing track dome at the same place during the second day. The domes are visible from hundreds of meters (not disappearing like usual and not affected by rendering distance) They cant be picked up with HM and will stay there as long as the hunt lasts.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

To my observations when extending the hunt to the 2nd day, shot animals I am still tracking completely vanish off the map and always is a short tracking distance before it happens. It is rare occasions that shooting new animals that the hunter mate will not harvest them, but not always. I can continue in most cases to harvest animals on the 2nd day, but if I am there by accidently going over the 1st day hunts time I usually don't stay too long from all the mishaps of the 2nd day bugs I've encountered before on the 1st years I began playing the game. I cannot say anything about waterfowl reactions on 2nd day hunts as I've never hunted them then.
It's simply taking your chances when extending the hunt to the next day when nothing seems stable. I wish this feature worked where a wounded animal would continue over to the next day also.
Good luck "Hoo" hope you find out what you're looking for.................GAS
sh1fty0ne

Post by sh1fty0ne »

HooCairs wrote: Although the observations are somewhat different from mine. I had no problems collecting any of the ducks. Maybe ducks are different because they are in a pool that "leaks" flocks throughout the hunt, and as I have seen now, no ducks are replaced and thus no harvest issue appears.

Based on what waiora says I wonder if all animals are replaced on the following days except the waterfowl due to the difference in spawning mechanics.
I think you're onto something there.I've had the unharvestable(is that even a word?) animals on the 2nd day and figured it was because i had already taken them on 1st day.With the ducks i had the same experience as you in the comp,flocks were smaller and further apart.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

HooCairs wrote:Thanks for the hint. Could be this post: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 41#p832941

Although the observations are somewhat different from mine. I had no problems collecting any of the ducks. Maybe ducks are different because they are in a pool that "leaks" flocks throughout the hunt, and as I have seen now, no ducks are replaced and thus no harvest issue appears.

I think I will make another experiment and try to clear an entire map by going through various days. That would be a project for a week of vacation though. :)
my MP testing was done with EU rabbits. Nothing re-spawned.

My SP testing was done with snowshoe hare total harvest on a single hunt. The results of other top scores seem to confirm my findings regarding repeated harvests. The total harvests are always in the region of 80-85 for highest scores(obviously quite possible to miss a few rabbits on a map that large).

I have not tested with waterfowl.

The incorrect spotting was tested and confirmed multiple times on David's competition, I believe i forwarded you those images at the time of the 200+ moose. Those were done in SP and shows that the SP animal gets re-spawned. I could not test the harvest because of his competition rules, that is why i did the snowshoe hare testing afterwards.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Have one done testing with the ducks on SP ?

Otherwise im going to run a server with ton of ducks competition. According to ym previous findings, the ducks should re spawn but wont be harvest able if it was harvested on day 1.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

HooCairs wrote:Thanks for the hint. Could be this post: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 41#p832941

I think our findings are different because your test was on MP. My MP findings seem to support yours even for ducks :D

Return to “General Chat”