Animals spawning on days 2, 3...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
waiora
Outfitter

Re: Animals spawning on days 2, 3...

Post by waiora »

Finished my hunt, ducks have different mechanics as you suspected. i had no re spawns, and no loot problems on SP.

Mallard 110
Northern Pintail 54
American Black Duck 45
Gadwall 59

I was able to shoot about 200 ducks in the first 4 hours of the hunt, and the next 5 hours saw very few coming over.

Not a very fun competition and certainly one i would never do again lol.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I don't know what you interpret out of this,.. but it may explain a whole lot, as I think they know about the problem with it.

Alena Rybik » wrote. February 23rd, 2017, 10:14 am

About the 2nd day continued hunt, we are actually discussing how to solve it right now, we have some options. I assume you mean the the animal spawn not regenerating at the beginning of the new day?
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

gas56 wrote:I don't know what you interpret out of this,.. but it may explain a whole lot, as I think they know about the problem with it.

Alena Rybik » wrote. February 23rd, 2017, 10:14 am

About the 2nd day continued hunt, we are actually discussing how to solve it right now, we have some options. I assume you mean the the animal spawn not regenerating at the beginning of the new day?
Well lets assume they make ducks spawn on day 2. This still doesn't solve any of the problems with tons of ducks.

Currently the tons of ducks comp plays in the following manner :

You have to kill around 300 ducks to compete, meaning you need a min of 300 ammunition, thats your starting shells + an additional 4 boxes IF you can get 100% hit/kill ratio. Even the best players will most likely use at least 6 boxes of additional. That is another 6k gm$. You can ofc use .22 ammo but its not reliable enough. So spawning more ducks achieves what? Its only going to force you to spend even more gm$

Now baring the ammo problems. Lets say 2 players are able to shoot every single duck. The winner will be determined only by the luck of how much weight was initially spawned. Adding more ducks will solve that, but make the ammo problem even worse.

Game freezes occur often when moving form 1 day to the next. It will freeze on the map screen and you can not click anything. Worth investing that time and hoping it does not freeze?

In the current state this competition is a grind, you will spend hours just waiting for the last few ducks flying over. By that time you are so invested if you want to win, that you cant stop. And the other players will feel the same. Even taking a 2nd/3rd with that amount of time invested isnt an option because you spent so many hours on it already.

So the only way this will be a decent competition is if you get 100's of ammo to start with, and more ducks on day 2 or 3 and 4 etc. Then they might as well make this a normal 10 attempts and save themselves the effort.

The snowshoe hare comp plays differently. Ammo isnt an issue and winning that one comes down to your ability of locating the rabbits as much as shooting them. Still not the most fun, but it plays like a competition, not a grind based on RNG.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I don't really get into the comps and spend that much time on a game because I do not want to put that much time on a game, and I am always busy with something IRL. I would say the cure for that is to eliminate the 2nd day hunt in a competition all together, until it is fixed I don't see any true consistency with the game working properly to adjust playing a comp to how badly the game works on the 2nd day.
Just my opinion.
Have a good 1..............GAS
JuA

Post by JuA »

i extended my hunt to day 2 on bushrangers run, all rabbits killed on day 2 were unharvestable.

edit : Was in single player, tracks were not new, same animals as day 1, on the same spot on the map.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I thought I remember reading a post from a dev about hunting on additional days is bugged, and when they tried fixing it, it caused additional problems which is why it has not been fixed yet. If I remember correctly the way it was explained to me, what is happening is during the re-spawn on the next day, ids already used from the animals you harvest are being reassigned to the new spawn animals. So what is happening is when you kill an animal that you cannot harvest, it is because that animal is reusing an id from the previous day, and you already have a harvested animal in your current session stats with that id. The more days you extend your hunt, the more likely the less animals you will be able to harvest. For example you kill and harvest 20 animals on day 1. Day 2 you kill 30 animals but only able to harvest 10 animals because the other 20 animals have the same ids already used from the previous day which registers in your current session as already being harvested and counting in your current session stats. Now day 3 you kill 35 animals but only able to harvest 5 because the ids were reused are already being counted in your current session. So basically the more days you hunt more ids get used up thus increasing the more animals you can't harvest. Just so you know it has been a while, and I could be remembering things incorrectly and have things completely wrong. So no need getting out your torches and pitchforks and coming after me if this is hogwash, but I do know that this is a problem that has been around for quite awhile and will not be fixed anytime soon if at all. Best thing to do is limit your hunts to just one day. A full day's hunt, 0500-1900, is 7 hours real time, and that's more than enough time to have an enjoyable hunt.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well the simpliest answer is just limit the comps which could be effected to one day hunt duration.animal wise there is upto 400 per reserve.
John Swanson
Tracker

Post by John Swanson »

HooCairs wrote: On a side note, I have shot the following ducks so far which might give an indication of how many there roughly are in a game session.
Mallards: 115
Pintails: 58
Am. Blacks: 51
Gadwalls: 68
Total: 292
Average bird weight: 1.05kg
I would estimate to have killed +90% of all ducks available at the start. Funny to see more gadwalls killed than the other new duck species. Maybe EW made some changes after gadwalls were killed only half as much as pintails and am. blacks.
hi Hoo,
Could you try NOT shooting at any Gadwalls on Day 1, then Day 2 might produce more flocks of Gadwalls. This could probably prove the Duck respawn theories once and for all.

just a thought :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HooCairs wrote: That would be a project for a week of vacation though. :)
You do all of the Wiki, hunt for hours, kill thousands of animals, produce many videos (just the uploads to YouTube have to take hours) and you ALSO have a JOB?

I'm thinking there is a Mr. Hoo and Mrs. Cairs?? :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Besides Hoo and the comp he's doing, why would anyone want a hunt to span multiple days? Is there any benefit from it? Why not just start a new hunt?
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉

Return to “General Chat”