Animals spawning on days 2, 3...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Animals spawning on days 2, 3...

Post by ronMctube »

well thats the whole point isnt it ? if a comp runs for a few days especially in mp, where you dont have to really hunt as you can just minimize do whatever you want to, wait for a sound of a animal then return to hunt. then it can be a massive advantage IF.. you know what works what doesnt. sometimes knowing everything in a game is actually bad for game play as it destroys any point in playing the way its meant to be.once you know the set parimetres.

if you know 80 ducks spawn at 8 oclock for eg why would you hunt, waste your time at any other time regardless ? if you want that you hunt that way. theHunter has done a great job keeping gameplay complex enough to keep gameplay interesting.

as soon as we do break,crack how the game works the games over.thats the whole secret as to why theHunter has lasted nearly 10 years. as soon as we know what spawns where at what time.close the doors.
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

ronMctube wrote:well thats the whole point isnt it ? if a comp runs for a few days especially in mp, where you dont have to really hunt as you can just minimize do whatever you want to, wait for a sound of a animal then return to hunt. then it can be a massive advantage IF.. you know what works what doesnt. sometimes knowing everything in a game is actually bad for game play as it destroys any point in playing the way its meant to be.once you know the set parimetres.

if you know 80 ducks spawn at 8 oclock for eg why would you hunt, waste your time at any other time regardless ? if you want that you hunt that way. theHunter has done a great job keeping gameplay complex enough to keep gameplay interesting.

as soon as we do break,crack how the game works the games over.thats the whole secret as to why theHunter has lasted nearly 10 years. as soon as we know what spawns where at what time.close the doors.
Good point Ron! In my opinion it would take all the fun out of the game. If I wanted a game where I could just go out and shoot animals I would play one of the arcade games( which admittedly I do on occasion). Nobody would have to hunt into a second or third day would they?
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

It seems to me that the simple solution would be to eliminate re-spawning on the next day altogether, and only change the time. No new animals, and existing dead animals stay where they are. If people want to, they can continue a hunt the next morning with the original spawn in order to find animals they didn't harvest on the first day, or to continue hunting the same group of animals.

An even simpler solution, but probably less desirable, would be to just eliminate the roll-over of the day. When a hunt ends at 19:00, it's over.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yes just kill the hunt at the end of the day seems the simpliest solution.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:yes just kill the hunt at the end of the day seems the simpliest solution.
Agreed. At the end of the day anything you failed to harvest is lost and you get a snot-o-gram from Doc, and any animals that were still roaming are gone too. Then have an option to start a new hunt without closing the client (select time, reserve, location) and a completely new spawn is generated for that location. That would be my approach.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

caledonianblues wrote:
ronMctube wrote:yes just kill the hunt at the end of the day seems the simpliest solution.
Agreed. At the end of the day anything you failed to harvest is lost and you get a snot-o-gram from Doc, and any animals that were still roaming are gone too. Then have an option to start a new hunt without closing the client (select time, reserve, location) and a completely new spawn is generated for that location. That would be my approach.
I agree. The next-day hunt has been broken for so long now I don’t even think it’s worth tryin to fix, just scrap it altogether. I think next day hunts should be a thing of the past, and should just now function as said above
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

The only thing good about a next day hunt is if a trophy animal you were after was still on the new day where you could continue to hunt it.
Most animals vanish even with their tracks still being there then vanish also. But usually it's funny how another animal is spawned which almost matches the one from the 1st day, and tracks
can be found close by. Since sometimes the game doesn't let the huntermate collect the animal,.. this is the number one reason that it could be closed,..
I had lost some nice animals due to this, but on the other hand it works sometimes... but for the best bet I'm all for just not having the second day hunt continue. It's been broke for so long that everybody knows it... or should!
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I wouldn't miss it too much if the next day was scrapped all together but I'd rather keep the same spawn, so it's not really an advantage.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”