New champion reserve ! [most rain]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: New champion reserve ! [most rain]

Post by gas56 »

RabbitRidge wrote:Naw, I'm not disgruntled about anything. :) I really care don't about the weather myself and take whatever I get.

My point is that restarts cost server resources and should be consider if it hasn't been. It's just a matter of accurately determining all the real costs which includes customer experience (would more people play and be satisfied enough to continue playing if they didn't need to constantly restart for the desired conditions?) to determine if they are significant enough to justify any changes.

Actually you seem a little perturbed about my word choice, Regulars is not a derogatory term and wasn't meant to be.

I was hoping to have reassurance that all the variables such as weather, equipment and animal behavior was controlled on the server. I think we should all be entitled to know that general information. If it's client side then I won't be very eager to play in competitions.
What difference would it make if it was server side or client side? the action process of inclement weather is just by chance controlled randomly. It is not triggered by a manual override action.
But as I stated above that it wouldn't make any difference if you could control weather.... as you would only control a separate games weather to your liking, but can't control animal spawns on a map and a hunters kills.
Your chances of a good hunt are equal whether what the weather may be doing on the game your playing or every other game that is running during that time period of any event that is being held.
Hence all the discrepancies are nil about weather which doesn't define this posts subject matter.
Have a good 1......................................GAS
RabbitRidge
Tracker

Post by RabbitRidge »

Client side can be manipulated, server side is inherently more fair. I really don't want to be drawn into the specifics of it again. If you prefer I open a new topic on it, fine. But from my point of view it seems related and only requires a very simple response. A new topic could also lead down a road I feel most want to avoid.
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

DYEUZ wrote:
Muglug wrote:Yea, what ever

Thumbs down for that reply .
OK...Thank You, what ever
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

Eisotopius wrote:I don't really have a problem with TGT, but my number one is Hirchfelden!
same here, always raining there.. 5 out of every 8 hunts
snapperhead51

Too much rain

Post by snapperhead51 »

ok guys really enough of the blasted rain geshh ,though you fix this geshh , every frigen map rain come on :( go back to the last set up just a few maps with some rain
RabbitRidge
Tracker

Post by RabbitRidge »

I found Gustav Taxen discussed the strategy eight years ago: server costs are minimal (simply an account and game statistics tracker) as well as development.

On the plus side, I haven't been soaking wet since the update. Maybe I'm just extremely lucky right now and need to buy a lottery ticket! :)
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Hawkeye wrote:
Oswald74 wrote:We need that RAIN: ON/OFF switch so bad.
Maybe a feature for 2017?

MfG L.E.
I don't think we want to go down that road again.
We do, EW don't.
DYEUZ wrote:Effect of rain on bow hunting :

From my exp , it does make the arrow drop faster and also , if the rain is accompanied with wind , that wind will have a greater effect on the arrow too.
The trajectory will be way off and definitely makes for a tougher shot .
Unfortunately one second it'll be way off and the next shot won't have any deviation, making it impossible to aim off in a consistent manner.
suffering a mild temporary decrease in clarity of visual definition
It sounds like you're playing buzzword bingo there Dan. Do you mean you can't see as far in the rain? :P
RabbitRidge
Tracker

Post by RabbitRidge »

Can't find any reference to it in the wiki, but I observe the tracks disappearing proportionally quicker in relation to the amount of rain.
In fact, during a long hard rain there are virtually no tracks no matter how fresh until it quits (all disappearing right before my eyes).
RabbitRidge
Tracker

Post by RabbitRidge »

Frankly, I think EW should reevaluate their business direction and consider obtaining more non-biased customer feedback.

Anyway, I'm playing this as a tutorial in case Thehunter: Call of the Wild is really a game I want (standalone, not pay to win).
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

RabbitRidge wrote:Can't find any reference to it in the wiki, but I observe the tracks disappearing proportionally quicker in relation to the amount of rain.
In fact, during a long hard rain there are virtually no tracks no matter how fresh until it quits (all disappearing right before my eyes).
There is absolutely zero correlation between rain & tracks. If you saw tracks vanish, then you witnessed a bug unrelated to rain & should probably bug report it with some further details.
RabbitRidge wrote:Frankly, I think EW should reevaluate their business direction and consider obtaining more non-biased customer feedback.

Anyway, I'm playing this as a tutorial in case Thehunter: Call of the Wild is really a game I want (standalone, not pay to win).
I'm not sure what you mean by this. What, in your mind, is "non-biased customer feedback"? Do these forums not meet that qualification? Every player can create a Forum account & voice their opinions & feedback freely.

As for CotW, if you think the rain noise is loud in Classic, wait until you hear the wind pick up and the storms roll through in CotW. If that's something that you think will change, I'm afraid you'll be sorely disappointed.

And lastly, Classic is not in any way "pay to win". A brand new player has just as much of a chance at winning competitions, reaching the top of the leaderboards, or finding nice rares as the most experienced veterans. This discussion has occurred time & time again over the years, and you can use the Search function to read all about it.

Return to “General Chat”