Good spots on tgt

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
chinook2835
Tracker

Good spots on tgt

Post by chinook2835 »

So I just got back into the game and wondered if anyone knows any good spots to put my tent and tree stands and such because I really like to just sit in my stand and hunt so if anyone can leave some good spots it would be very much appreciated
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Good spots on tgt

Post by Tod1d »

A bunch of people have reported seeing a lot of Mule Deer & Elk right in the center of the map, about halfway between the lodges.

I'm not sure about the Grizzly. Most of them I've seen in the SE part of the map, S / SE of the river.

Sheep & Ptarmigan, I think you'd be better off walking the higher elevation area in the North, Northwest. They seem to be pretty spread out.
Although parking a couple deployable towers in some strategic spots where you have a good view might work out.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
chinook2835
Tracker

Post by chinook2835 »

Tod1d wrote:A bunch of people have reported seeing a lot of Mule Deer & Elk right in the center of the map, about halfway between the lodges.

I'm not sure about the Grizzly. Most of them I've seen in the SE part of the map, S / SE of the river.

Sheep & Ptarmigan, I think you'd be better off walking the higher elevation area in the North, Northwest. They seem to be pretty spread out.
Although parking a couple deployable towers in some strategic spots where you have a good view might work out.
Thank u I'll try in the middle of the river but quick question,am I ever going to be able to buy just the tower because I don't feel the need to buy that specific membership package just for the tower?
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

I have only done a few hunts on the new map myself. As Tod1d mentioned midway between the lodges does seem to produce good mule, elk, wolf and grizzly for me. The tent location to the north...spent a couple hours walking around looking for Bighorn with zero luck, until I came to that mountain and they were all over it (hence the tent). Good luck.

ShrWangLwun
Spotter

Post by ShrWangLwun »

I have a tree stand here looking out onto the lake:
-5898, 1564

With a tent just behind it, lots of Elk, Mule deer and once you've shot an Elk or 2 Wolves, I've seen a couple of bear's around the lake too but they're not as prolific as the Elk & Deer.

Lenkos
Scout

Post by Lenkos »

These are where my tents are set up.
I've had some good hunts from these for Mule Deer; like the following:

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lenk ... n/68012133
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lenk ... n/68037916

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

put a tent in either the last tunnel or first tunnel, which you can then teleport across the whole map with only one tent, the far eastern side of the mountains(first tunnel hole) are best for ptarmigan and the last tunnel which is very high is great for sheep, then they merge together sparsely throughout the middle
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “General Chat”