Wolves need adjustments.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Wolves need adjustments.

Post by Fletchette »

caledonianblues wrote:
Fletchette wrote:That's like saying because I can lift my arms over my head, I'm about 8 feet tall. :P
Are your arms really 5 feet long? ;)
I haven't measured, but I can tie my shoes without bending over..... :)
Personal Bests...
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

iz_da wrote:Has it come to anybody's attention that we cannot hunt Wolves with a handgun unless it's the .308 Rival or Highwayman?
It is surprising that the .223 is an ethical cartridge, but the .44 Magnum isn't.
Since when is "realism" required for this "game"? Actually, ethics has nothing to do with which weapons can be used for which animals in this "game". On one hand, you can use an underpowered rifle on an animal and let it suffer while it bleeds out during the tracking OR you get a message from Doc for using a .45-70 on a fox which expired instantly, not knowing what hit it and feeling no pain at all. The powers to be have no concept or concern about what is an ethical kill. It's all about the arbitrary "balance of the game".
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

I guess they had a bunch of 308s to sell. There is no other medium/large animal in the game that only one handgun is permitted for. You can shot a deer or a coyote with either the 357 or 44 but not a wolf?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

C'mon guys, we all know what happens in nature sometimes....
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

iz_da wrote:Has it come to anybody's attention that we cannot hunt Wolves with a handgun unless it's the .308 Rival or Highwayman?
It is surprising that the .223 is an ethical cartridge, but the .44 Magnum isn't.
There are a few handguns in the game capable of killing the Wolf ethically, and hopefully more handguns will get adjusted also to use on them.
Most handguns should be used at closer ranges and not taking long shots in the game....
But a good kill shot is a good shot no matter what the distance is.
With that old adage said.... this is just a game, nothing else.
Have a good 1.....................GAS
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Mountaineer wrote:How did they decide what weapons can be used on wolves? Throw darts at a board to decide? You can use the 45 70 and a 223 but not a 44? If it is big enough to kill an Elk yet small enough for coyotes, it should defintly be ethical for wolves. Just another ploy to sell more weapons I guess.
I guess they decided in the middle of the night to change it. Last night the 45 70 was ok for wolves now today it isn't. Thanks for letting us know EW.
.45-70 was obviously a mistake, and I said right away they ir will be removed (see the Wolf Game Update thread).
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

wolf is a little too easy to sneak up on, but i think the bear's senses should be less shy and more comfortable with the humans getting closer
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Good one as always gas! :)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

gas56 wrote: Image
I couldn't wrap my arms around him, but looks like a big fella to me.

N4teF
Tracker

Post by N4teF »

I agree the wolves look too small. But man are they fun to hunt and even more fun to listen to!

Return to “General Chat”