Is thehunter classic gonna close in 5 years?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Is thehunter classic gonna close in 5 years?

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Based on the limited videos available today of COTW, I think Classic is safe for a long time.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I'm not sure how the elevated PC requirements are going to affect the number of THC members that will switch to COTW, but based on what I saw today I now believe more than ever that theHunter Classic has been nothing but a cash cow for the last couple of years. And it looks to be about to dry up. The march of time has caught up with us fellow hunters, and the inevitable end of the road is in plain sight. Make way for the more modern, more intricate, more complex, more interesting, and more realistic and visually pleasing COTW. Do you hear that? That persistent ringing in your aging ears fellow hunters? That's the death knell of THC tolling the passing of a once great game.

As I watched the final segment on YouTube today, suddenly I realized I was feeling rather old myself. Cough, cough. Bring me my slippers Mother, a sweater, and a warm cup of tea. Suddenly I feel a cold chill in the air.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Based on the limited videos available today of COTW, I think Classic is safe for a long time.
COTW seems strange for now. I wonder how much it will change to release. At the current state I would pass on it.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Going to agree with both of the gents above. COTW needs more than it currently shows to get my dollar.
Perverius

Post by Perverius »

Agree as well. Played beta for a while and I don't like it. I'll have nightmares about warring calls. xD
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

So I have played around 15 hours of COTW and traveled the whole map... And I am sooo bored of it. It's is a stunning game and fun, but it is not anything like the classic we know and love. The lack of trophy animals is actually going to kill this game, so the serious virtual hunters not the call of duty like market it seems to be aimed at. Although missions are optional I think they will be the only driving force behind this game just because it gives you an objective, in the classic the objective is a nice big animal or a rare... which there is none of in COTW... So far in the beta. Every animal looks like a clone. The next red deer you shoot... Will look exactly like the last 1000 you shot. And it really is easy once you earn the rope. This game is going to be a success, but I have a feeling a lot of us classic player will get over it pretty soon.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

After watching the gameplay video of CotW, I think this game has a lot more going for it than CotW. Why they just didn't make it more in line with this on the new engine, with a different business model is beyond me.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

DHRifleman wrote:After watching the gameplay video of CotW, I think this game has a lot more going for it than CotW. Why they just didn't make it more in line with this on the new engine, with a different business model is beyond me.
We said that from the moment that they announced the new game but I think the choice of a new game was to remove the bad image that have the classic Hunter on steam . With the new game they hope more players from Steam community.
If guests was stopped in the classic and the new engine was used to classic and an other business model,like you said, was applied it would be the wright thing. To much money with 2 teams and after I saw the live stream on twitch,I think it will be not like they expected. Like someone said in another post,after has playing the beta the hunters of the classic can sleep in peace! ;)
SoldierofGod
Tracker

Post by SoldierofGod »

The game looks way to easy and I think it is going to get boring for many. It looks like you don't actually have to hunt but instead just walk around until you see the on screen vocalization call from an animal blaring at you. Then you just easily walk close enough in that direction to shoot it. The calls are numerous making finding animals simple.

The "small game" animals do not even seem to be collectible, which is a huge negative for me already since I love small game hunting. Is there even an actual trophy shot system? If not then this is also a big negative for me since I love to have a look at and take a picture of my trophy.

The game visually looks stunning, and the animals are greatly modeled. But it just looks so mission based and boring. And I agree with "krokenosterfant" from what I saw from many youtube videos the racks on the deer seem so similar, not much variation, if any? No truracs type system would make this game really lame fast.

Actually besides the map being bigger and better looking, this game plays a lot like "Cabelas pro hunts"(of which I find boring and only played it for a few hours before never touching it again).

The challenge of hunting is what makes THC fun. All the stalking and tracking to find the big trophy buck that's been eluding you and finally lining up that shot. But if they are just going to handicap everything for us its going to take the joy out of the hunting experience and make the game old very quick.

Sadly I might not buy THcotw. I was super excited for EW to release a new hunting game but I was just not expecting it to go in such a different direction than THC that I love. I will see when the final version comes out if things change, but honestly I am doubting things will, probably just bug fixes.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Like all games.. if you play non-stop its starts to be boring.
For now i like everything :)

Return to “General Chat”