Wounded Mule deer

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
phil1
Hunter

Wounded Mule deer

Post by phil1 »

It's not just the bears that are bugged, I've just chased a wounded mule deer across TT, after shooting it with an 8x57, I got heart and lungs registered, tracked it for a few tracks with blood, then it went to roaming. No matter how fast I ran, it stayed roaming and the time of the tracks gradually opened out to 20+ minutes. All the time the tracks were of a roaming shape and were at a distance apart that you would expect fleeing tracks.
Last edited by Roger_Mellie on November 18th, 2016, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retitled after thread split
MudBug
Outfitter

re: Wounded Mule deer

Post by MudBug »

phil1 wrote:It's not just the bears that are bugged, I've just chased a wounded mule deer across TT, after shooting it with an 8x57, I got heart and lungs registered, tracked it for a few tracks with blood, then it went to roaming. No matter how fast I ran, it stayed roaming and the time of the tracks gradually opened out to 20+ minutes. All the time the tracks were of a roaming shape and were at a distance apart that you would expect fleeing tracks.
Just thought I'd add that I had sort of the same thing happen to me Tuesday night.

Lung/heart shot on medium size buck with the recurve. Following tracks, blood is counting down. However, I'd get the same blood track about 5 times in a row (ex: "44-68%). Finally get to a "1-16%" around about 800 meters in. The next 6 tracks are the same "1-16%" blood track, all subsequent tracks were roaming. No further blood tracks were found. Kept following it, never could catch up. Gave up track after an additional 1200 meters without any sign the deer had previously been shot, nor was I ever able to spot the deer. My tracking level is 20 so, I know I was staying with the same track from the same deer.
Last edited by Roger_Mellie on November 18th, 2016, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger_Mellie

re: Wounded Mule deer

Post by Roger_Mellie »

MudBug wrote:
phil1 wrote:It's not just the bears that are bugged, I've just chased a wounded mule deer across TT, after shooting it with an 8x57, I got heart and lungs registered, tracked it for a few tracks with blood, then it went to roaming. No matter how fast I ran, it stayed roaming and the time of the tracks gradually opened out to 20+ minutes. All the time the tracks were of a roaming shape and were at a distance apart that you would expect fleeing tracks.
Just thought I'd add that I had sort of the same thing happen to me Tuesday night.

Lung/heart shot on medium size buck with the recurve. Following tracks, blood is counting down. However, I'd get the same blood track about 5 times in a row (ex: "44-68%). Finally get to a "1-16%" around about 800 meters in. The next 6 tracks are the same "1-16%" blood track, all subsequent tracks were roaming. No further blood tracks were found. Kept following it, never could catch up. Gave up track after an additional 1200 meters without any sign the deer had previously been shot, nor was I ever able to spot the deer. My tracking level is 20 so, I know I was staying with the same track from the same deer.
Sorry this is slightly off topic but I think Bucksnbuffalo commented on another thread about Mule deer that this isn't actually a bug, but is designed. I'll see if I can find it. Not justifying it - but explaining that this isn't new AFAIK.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 59#p837489

EDIT: removed from a thread about bugged bear barrels and given it's own place
Last edited by Roger_Mellie on November 18th, 2016, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: as per my edit above

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper

Return to “General Chat”