30.06 or bullpup

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ludante
Outfitter

Re: 30.06 or bullpup

Post by Ludante »

I would definitely go with 30.06, it is fast and powerful, once I got 4 wild boars from one position (5 shots in total).
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I can't imagine which one is better, as I carry both with me sometimes.
the 30/06 is great for killing med/large deer sized animals, and the 7mm bullpup is great for all around hunting for which it is allowed.
Both will take down a vast amount of creatures, and both good for long shots.
I usually pull out the 7mm for a long distance shot on Hogs, Bears, and tougher animals and it does kill them with a job well done.
But here is the catch for both rifles... you must have fairly good shots on the animals... or you might as well be using a .270
and/or expect to track them. If giving them your best aim than you can expect both to be good guns.
They both have very good follow up attributes. And I have never disliked their performance cause I can rely on them to do what they were made for.
Hitting what you aim at, and taking the animal out.
It's a hard answer to tell you what you need in a gun, and I'm no sales man. But I believe you can't go wrong with either rifle.
Definitely plan on buying one you can afford now, and get the other one at a later date when you can afford it too.
You'll be happy you did.
Last edited by gas56 on August 15th, 2016, 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Both are good rifles but I would say go with the bullpup simply for the selection of scopes you can mount with it.
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

Look bullpub (for me) is the best rifle in the store (they may nerfed it a bit i dont know) right now on every aspect but when its about herd animals like boars hogs elks etc 30-06 is the master with it's fast shots ( the reason why they banned it from bison hunt and sell 45-70 leveraction instead)
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

For 275 em$ I would definitely choose 30.06 right now, the price is awesome and the rifle is good as well. It is not better than bullpup but it`s a good price..cool loading animation and decent performance...and it looks vintage/cool.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

Both guns have their pros and cons. Both good guns. Personal preference is for the 7mm, (long range, fast reload, versatile, powerful). But for that price I'd jump on the 30 while its on sale (extra shot comes in handy with large herds, lots of oommph short to mid range).
Code: Select all

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

30-06 has been one of my favorites all along after I got it. It's disappointing you can't use it on bison but other than that- it's a nice hammer. Bison is one thing that puts the x in the 7mm box - but on sale- nice bargain!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
thewindiw
Scout

Post by thewindiw »

thanks too everyone who helped I decided and bought the 30-06 haven't got a chance too kill anything yet but did try it at archery addictions range I think it might be a wee bit weaker than the 7mm but I love it and can't wait to go obliterate some barrels with it P.S I'm thinking if the bullpup goes on sale I may get it too ;)

,thewindow :P

It hops it drops, it flies it dies, if it gets away you shot it in the wrong way= thewindow :P
xyl
Scout

Post by xyl »

30-06 is my choice as well because that is what I use IRL. Along with .50 cal flintlock. Don't use the one in the game though unless you want to improve your tracking skills. :mrgreen:
Slatkus
Hunter

Post by Slatkus »

thewindiw wrote:thanks too everyone who helped I decided and bought the 30-06 haven't got a chance too kill anything yet but did try it at archery addictions range I think it might be a wee bit weaker than the 7mm but I love it and can't wait to go obliterate some barrels with it P.S I'm thinking if the bullpup goes on sale I may get it too ;)

,thewindow :P
I have 1 tip for you: if you are going after your hunter score then get every weapon which is on sale. If you can't afford and/or don't care about your hunter score then you are more then good with weapons you currently own. :)

Return to “General Chat”