forum has gone very quiet over the last few months.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
\m/
Outfitter

Re: forum has gone very quiet over the last few months.

Post by \m/ »

Oswald74 wrote:
L3M182 wrote:anyone else noticed these forums starting to dwindle? ...
Yes "we" do.

And many of "us" know excactly why.

But if "we" learned on thing on these forums...

Speech is silver, silence is golden.

MfG L.E.
Nothing more to say.
Now offline. Forever.
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

Sorry everyone. I didn't realize my absence was causing such a void. Busy summer. :D
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

Well, i see it a bit different.
I stopped posting (and know few others that did the same) because i simply burned out.
With exception of the `community patch` or whatever is called that solved all those crashes for so many players i cant say that i see any quality improvement actually done by developers themselves.
Take e.g the last game update - 5 fixes - only 3 fixed - 3 more broken, 10 days have passed and while people are happy with ptarmigans announcement those bugs and errors are still present and will be for another 5- 10 days, or who know for how long.

Half of the web features are just broken or disabled, some of them for years already other just recently........some of the in game features like shaking on the edge of towers are here to stay forever, or the inability to harvest animals second day (which is what? 3,4,5 years old bug) that no one cares about, inability to delete messages and pictures.......and all i can read every single status and game update is "thanks for this, thanks for that". Great, i am really happy for all those happy fellow hunters. (no sarcasm there!) but i just don`t feel the same.

More than a few times i caught myself writing a big post saying whats on my mind - only to delete it. (nothing offensive, just a bit of constructive criticism from my point of view) 6 years here and i learned my lesson - negativity can only bring me a fight for no reason. ;)

Hope it explains a bit the peacefulness and quietness around here. Some are happy and some learned to keep their mouth shut, everyone fighting for the same team = no reason for big threads and heated up discussions like in the good ol` days... :D
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Constructive post Pupic, agreed in most parts.
Now offline. Forever.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Pupic wrote:Well, i see it a bit different.
I stopped posting (and know few others that did the same) because i simply burned out.
With exception of the `community patch` or whatever is called that solved all those crashes for so many players i cant say that i see any quality improvement actually done by developers themselves.
Take e.g the last game update - 5 fixes - only 3 fixed - 3 more broken, 10 days have passed and while people are happy with ptarmigans announcement those bugs and errors are still present and will be for another 5- 10 days, or who know for how long.

Half of the web features are just broken or disabled, some of them for years already other just recently........some of the in game features like shaking on the edge of towers are here to stay forever, or the inability to harvest animals second day (which is what? 3,4,5 years old bug) that no one cares about, inability to delete messages and pictures.......and all i can read every single status and game update is "thanks for this, thanks for that". Great, i am really happy for all those happy fellow hunters. (no sarcasm there!) but i just don`t feel the same.

More than a few times i caught myself writing a big post saying whats on my mind - only to delete it. (nothing offensive, just a bit of constructive criticism from my point of view) 6 years here and i learned my lesson - negativity can only bring me a fight for no reason. ;)

Hope it explains a bit the peacefulness and quietness around here. Some are happy and some learned to keep their mouth shut, everyone fighting for the same team = no reason for big threads and heated up discussions like in the good ol` days... :D

probably one of the best posts ive read this year mate. i love thehunter but this comment is kinda what i was thinking. in the cold light of day it seems the majority oflong time big fans of the game have either left or now sit quietly and read but dont chip in. shame. forum was a great place when it wasn't full of frustration. i walked away for a fair while in part becasue i was busy and part becasue it was just so toxic. just came back to find allot of people did the same.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Very good post. I'm sure, many people think the same.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Fireash
Scout

Post by Fireash »

Dudes, Its summer and its holyday time. SO most people do 2 things: Go out an have fun or go on holidays and have fun. Wait that the summer is over and you will see. Also remember the steam forum... it split a little bit the things.

Pupic: yeah, you are also right. That I cannot deny.
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

Hollydays time. I read forum each day but cant play at my cabin and then not so much need foe comments.
Onolm
Scout

Post by Onolm »

This.
HunterMatt
Outfitter

Post by HunterMatt »

I'm back after a 14 month break, I can tell the forums are a different place now.

Return to “General Chat”