Buying from the store

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Frammer

Buying from the store

Post by Frammer »

Good afternoon everyone,

I've got a few thousand gms$ - is there a currency value to these in the game? I'm trying to buy a new weapon and it doesn't seem like this has any value - only ems$ which is obviously my own money.

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Buying from the store

Post by Fletchette »

Gm$ are used primarily for consumables, like feed, scents, ropes, licenses, camping supplies, first aid kits, etc.. Most "permanent" items like weapons, clothing, equipment, etc., must be purchased with em$. There is no way to convert gm$ to em$, but gm$ certainly have value.
Last edited by Fletchette on June 22nd, 2016, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...
Frammer

Post by Frammer »

Excellent response - thank you.

If you or someone else has the time, can you explain what a "Hunt" is - I mean i'm out here having a good old time for a few hours (playing single player game) when does the hunt finish? Can I just leave and go to another location after only an hour for ex?
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Frammer wrote:Excellent response - thank you.

If you or someone else has the time, can you explain what a "Hunt" is - I mean i'm out here having a good old time for a few hours (playing single player game) when does the hunt finish? Can I just leave and go to another location after only an hour for ex?
A hunt can be 30 seconds or 12 hours. You can pause in single player and when you resume the animals and everything else will be exactly as you left it. In multiplayer it will continue as if you didn't even paid it. You can quit the hunt at any time you'd like, if I were you I would close the game with alt f4 to help stats update better
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Frammer wrote:Excellent response - thank you.

A hunting session per map can be as long as you want it to be. All you need is enough camping supplies and ammo (along with consumables, ammo can also be purchased with gm$. For members 3 boxes are free per hunting session.) The earliest a hunt can start is 5am hunter time but can end when ever you choose to end. A day during a hunting session ends at 1900 aka 7pm, but your hunting session does not have to end. If you have camping supplies, you can retire to a tent or a lodge and start a new hunting day during your same session at 5am. Know this when you start a hunt, all animals for the map are spawned. If you choose to continue your current session with a new hunting day, when you retire to the lodge or tent and use your camping supplies, the hunting time is reset to 5am and a new fresh spawn of animals will occur. Sometimes when I am working from home, I will have the game running on my second monitor passively hunting the golden tree stand (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=57064) starting a hunt at 5 am and going until my work day is done, usually 9-10 hrs. If you want to go to another map, you have to start a new hunting session. Although I think it would be cool if one day you could walk from one reserve to the other in the same session. For example be able to walk from the east side of logger's point over onto the west side of settler's creek.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Since when do you need camping supplies to retire to a lodge, and continue on the next day?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

DHRifleman wrote:Since when do you need camping supplies to retire to a lodge, and continue on the next day?
since never
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

DHRifleman wrote:Since when do you need camping supplies to retire to a lodge, and continue on the next day?
Oh darn now you have me second guessing myself. It has been a while since I have done it because the instability of the game right now. I will have to try it again and hopefully game will not crash on me. The game would usually crash on me around the 1840 mark. I thought the message when it got to the end of the day said "Retire to a lodge or tent. Cost 1 camping supply."
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Retiring to a lodge, or tent, and starting out the next morning should not re-spawn the animals, otherwise what is the point. You should be able to have an animal dead on the ground, and go find it on day 2, and that was the original intent.
Biggest problem was the not being able to harvest animals on the second day. Not sure if they fixed that bug, but I kind of doubt it.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DHRifleman wrote:Retiring to a lodge, or tent, and starting out the next morning should not re-spawn the animals, otherwise what is the point. You should be able to have an animal dead on the ground, and go find it on day 2, and that was the original intent.
Biggest problem was the not being able to harvest animals on the second day. Not sure if they fixed that bug, but I kind of doubt it.
The bug hasn't been fixed, at least some people in the forums still mentioned it recently. And yes, it was always said that the dead animals on the ground will vanish and a completely new spawn is done with the start of a new day. So the only reason to extend your hunt to the next day would be to save one competition attempt.
Image Image Image

Return to “General Chat”