2nd time I lost a good trophy for football comp

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

2nd time I lost a good trophy for football comp

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Trying to improve my Ibex score, stalked this guy...he ran to just a hair outside the reserve. (I shot at him twice from really long distance and missed)
As you can see here:
Crawled closer and closer waiting for him to move just a hair.
He finally came down..I hit him good...big blood trail, but I had to track him about 200m. When I went to harvest him, I got the spinning circle again, for over 5 minutes. Finally clicked trophy shot, and the game disconnected. Here is my hunt history. No credit for the kill, but it shows my shot that hit him. No score...again.
These pictures were taken with Bandicam. I shut it off after each one, because I've found it increases the load on the server and so I try not to use it. I was afraid to do it on the dead Ibex because I had 7 server disconnects in less than an hour (I keep track now). I should have, because I got permanently disconnected anyway. Interestingly, no letter from Doc.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: 2nd time I lost a good trophy for football comp

Post by Ravenousfox »

Looks like you didn't miss out on much.
160 - 265 score range isn't great tbh. Could have got 220.
Max Ibex score is 290 so you generally want to aim for 270+ for comps.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Ravenousfox wrote:Looks like you didn't miss out on much.
160 - 265 score range isn't great tbh. Could have got 220.
Max Ibex score is 290 so you generally want to aim for 270+ for comps.
My best score for the comp is 172+. I have never ever ever found the monster Ibex that lots of people do. My all-time best is 266...about a week after they were released and they all hung out on the walls. No more. I have watched lots of videos..people have many Ibex right in front of them. I never see any more than a single, and its very difficult to see them. The rock sliding noise is the only time I know where one is, and then 75% of the time I can't see the rings on the HM. The fact that I have 3 climbing ropes missing...although the server says they are there...cuts the map in about half that I can hunt. I sometimes sit in one area for up to two hours real time, and never move...prone on a rock...and not one Ibex comes in to the render range that I can see. If they do, they are so blended in with the terrain, I just don't see them.

P.S. I would have gladly taken a 220 for the comp...50 point improvement. Here is a link to the video of my 266, back when you could film without causing crashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WX7Lph76Gs

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

stancomputerhunter wrote:My best score for the comp is 172+. I have never ever ever found the monster Ibex that lots of people do. My all-time best is 266...about a week after they were released and they all hung out on the walls. No more. I have watched lots of videos..people have many Ibex right in front of them. I never see any more than a single, and its very difficult to see them. The rock sliding noise is the only time I know where one is, and then 75% of the time I can't see the rings on the HM. The fact that I have 3 climbing ropes missing...although the server says they are there...cuts the map in about half that I can hunt. I sometimes sit in one area for up to two hours real time, and never move...prone on a rock...and not one Ibex comes in to the render range that I can see. If they do, they are so blended in with the terrain, I just don't see them.

P.S. I would have gladly taken a 220 for the comp...50 point improvement. Here is a link to the video of my 266, back when you could film without causing crashes.
Well best of luck to you for next Ibex you come across. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Stan buddy- you didn't lose much there. I think a good ibex is a real challenge in this thing. The one in my sig is the best I've seen so that's it. I've made some decent movement on the scoreboard with really only one or two top shelf scores and lots of mediocre :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Should find bigger than that no problem, I had the un-shoot able 270 because ropes were missing, but had a 250 and 263 in the same hunt.

Dont even bother spending valuable time on Ibex without curly horns.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Good advice. Got this guy, eventually.

cajunman45
Outfitter

Post by cajunman45 »

Nice go after the cream horns they score higher . The same with roe deer the black horns score higher .

jlferrell
Hunter

Post by jlferrell »

Sorry you lost out on your kill, but I agree, he wasn't a real high scoring one. We can do a hunt for them sometime if you want.

Color, be it ibex or roe, accounts for very little of the possible score (max of 3-4 points). For ibex, look for a massive length with a nice curve and a large gap between the horns.
Mr. Laurel
Scout

Post by Mr. Laurel »

cajunman45 wrote:Nice go after the cream horns they score higher . The same with roe deer the black horns score higher .
But the difference is not very big :)

Return to “General Chat”