Official reason for no preset load-outs?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Sqwertle
Tracker

Re: Official reason for no preset load-outs?

Post by Sqwertle »

waiora wrote:I think the logical answer is, because it generates no money. Days of implementing what the game needs are long gone. Its at the milk it for what its worth stage, and put band aids on immediate problems.
Heh... looks like I finally joined at the wrong time :(. I'm still having fun though! And FWIW keeping loyal customers satisfied is a good business model for any business, not everything has to make money directly :)
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Sqwertle wrote:
waiora wrote:I think the logical answer is, because it generates no money. Days of implementing what the game needs are long gone. Its at the milk it for what its worth stage, and put band aids on immediate problems.
Heh... looks like I finally joined at the wrong time :(. I'm still having fun though! And FWIW keeping loyal customers satisfied is a good business model for any business, not everything has to make money directly :)
I really hope my statement is wrong, but its what it feels like. Ive been really reluctant to spend on the game for a while, both on my account on my 2 little cousins on steam because of it. Since i started playing the only significant changes that wasn't driven by income or bugs, is the animation updates a few months ago. You know wha ti mean right? You play other online titles and you constantly get improvements on the main features. Its not like the players dont discuss these things, the community wants preset loudouts, better ai, improvements to wounding of animals, more realistic animations, fur on older animals etc. But these things are always at the bottom of the priority list while we get new items weekly, and its a constant fight to get certain game breaking bugs fixed.
DaiNochii
Spotter

Post by DaiNochii »

IMO preset load-outs could generate money: let's suppose that EW gives to every player 10 slots load-out, and you can customize every slot with the equipment you want and with one click you can equip that equipment. Each slot could contain the equipment to hunt in a specific reserve/a specific animal (e.g I may use 3 slots for Hirschfelden only, one for hunting geese, one for red deers/roes/foxes in the southern area and one for wild boars/pheasants). Now, if EW adds a new reserve, we would need new slots but if we have only 10 slots, what could they do? Sell additional slots, like 5 additional slots = 500 em$ or 10 additional slots = 850 em$ (I'm just supposing prices of course) --> they generate $$$.
Just my 2 cents.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

DaiNochii wrote:IMO preset load-outs could generate money: let's suppose that EW gives to every player 10 slots load-out, and you can customize every slot with the equipment you want and with one click you can equip that equipment. Each slot could contain the equipment to hunt in a specific reserve/a specific animal (e.g I may use 3 slots for Hirschfelden only, one for hunting geese, one for red deers/roes/foxes in the southern area and one for wild boars/pheasants). Now, if EW adds a new reserve, we would need new slots but if we have only 10 slots, what could they do? Sell additional slots, like 5 additional slots = 500 em$ or 10 additional slots = 850 em$ (I'm just supposing prices of course) --> they generate $$$.
Just my 2 cents.
Its simply better to create 1 new model, set a parameters for ballistics and sell a new weapon with multiple skins for 5 each, than creating a system for loadouts, the functionality for presets doesnt exist already. I do agree with you tho. It just seems ever derision is determined by short term inccome
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

EW has retained a loyal base that continues to spend but I believe that is a result of no true competition in this genre. Polishing existing features and adding non direct money making features are needed with any game. I love ths game but am perplex on how it's run. So I simply enjoy it till the negatives out wiegh the good. Still, perhaps nievely, I continue to hold out hope for features such as pre-set loadouts to be released.
rogor
Scout

Post by rogor »

Dirtclod wrote:EW has retained a loyal base that continues to spend but I believe that is a result of no true competition in this genre. Polishing existing features and adding non direct money making features are needed with any game. I love ths game but am perplex on how it's run. So I simply enjoy it till the negatives out wiegh the good. Still, perhaps nievely, I continue to hold out hope for features such as pre-set loadouts to be released.
Well said. Especially the bit on 'no competition'. Yes, we will hope.

Return to “General Chat”