Do we have larger groups now?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Do we have larger groups now?

Post by HooCairs »

A few days ago, seven elk cows in one group on WH. Yesterday, seven mule deer does in one group on LP. Today, seven elk cows again on WH. Also noticed larger pheasant flocks.

Has anyone else noticed something similar? Did they increase the groups sizes?

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Re: Do we have larger groups now?

Post by BCKidd »

Black bear sizes, moose sizes, and quantity of all critters seems to have changed. I hunted yesterday on WRR and harvested two moose in one hunt over and beyond 200 TS. I have never had that happen before, and if you noticed the blck bear norm now seems to be around 23. Elk sizes (trophy score) I've noticed have gotten smaller. Could be something going on that we aren't aware of, or mark it down as coincidence... I dunno :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Raphael202
Scout

Post by Raphael202 »

I saw a pack of 10-12 yotes some days ago, but it could have been a coincident with 2 packs joining?
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

HooCairs wrote: Has anyone else noticed something similar? Did they increase the groups sizes?
Yes, had same thing 7 Elk at same spot on WH. IDK about increase in group size, but yes groups seem larger now. How do you take a screen shot? Win 10 Pro non-Steam.
Raphael202 wrote:I saw a pack of 10-12 yotes some days ago, but it could have been a coincident with 2 packs joining?
Had over 5 yotes show up, was doing 'over kill' blasted one and several I had not seen spooked. Found 8 'new track found' so that's 9 yotes on 1 call. I do think that was 2 packs as they came in from 2 different directions.
BCKidd wrote:Black bear sizes, moose sizes, and quantity of all critters seems to have changed. I hunted yesterday on WRR and harvested two moose in one hunt over and beyond 200 TS. I have never had that happen before, and if you noticed the blck bear norm now seems to be around 23. Elk sizes (trophy score) I've noticed have gotten smaller. Could be something going on that we aren't aware of, or mark it down as coincidence... I dunno :? ;) Peace.
BCKidd.
Yes this too, lots of females but heavy low scoring Elk males.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I noticed the same thing on Redfeather. I had two groups of seven merge and had 14 elk coming in at once. That was kind of hectic. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

Reggy wrote:How do you take a screen shot? Win 10 Pro non-Steam.
Don't play the game in full screen. Then you can just press the print screen button on your keyboard. Go to paint or whatever and press and hold ctrl and press V to paste. If you play in full screen you get the main load page to start a hunt instead of the game your playing.
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

jim1975 wrote:
Don't play the game in full screen. Then you can just press the print screen button on your keyboard. Go to paint or whatever and press and hold ctrl and press V to paste. If you play in full screen you get the main load page to start a hunt instead of the game your playing.
Thanks
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Reggy wrote:
jim1975 wrote:
Thanks
or just get steam and hit f12 i belevie
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I've had large groups on occasion, if I started to see it all the time then I would wonder. I had a bunch of elk cows invade on a hunt last night, normal 5 packs. I had a nice flock of tom's come in. 6 tom's and 2 hens. Ironically I had 2 spot min 50 and 3 spot min 55. One 61 and the rest in the 30's/40's, so that's working as normal.

I've had 9 pack yotes several times but it was combined packs that I'd ran together, don't think I've ever had more than 10 or 11 at once. I've seen large herds of reds, a dozen or more, in the river on VDB but I believe that's fairly common from time to time.

Not feeling anything odd myself.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Len, I have a video on my YouTube channel showing 14 at once under my tree stand.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “General Chat”