Animal droppings

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SloNeZ
Scout

Re: Animal droppings

Post by SloNeZ »

Tod1d wrote:Why not (walk in it IRL?). It can help cover up any human or synthetic scent you might have on your boots.
Until I stopped hunting several years ago I would always step in deer droppings not only to mask my scent, but to smell like a deer, to the deer.
It was also normal 'round these parts to rub some dried umm, poo on clothing. You wouldn't believe what some people did back in the day to blend in when hunting.
I normally just rubbed some dirt on to smell more like the ground I was sitting on and of course stepped in deer droppings on the way to my stand whenever I could. But yea, poo stepping is a real thing.
In game it's a bit freaky at first to crawl up to and through a pile of bear scat but I stopped giving it a second thought a long time ago.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

SloNeZ wrote: It was also normal 'round these parts to rub some dried umm, poo on clothing..
I guess that explains Pittsburgh... :lol:
Personal Bests...
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

In game I usually walk or crawl right through it but in the back of my mind I imagine it sticking to me and it grosses me out. lol
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

Fletchette wrote:
SloNeZ wrote: It was also normal 'round these parts to rub some dried umm, poo on clothing..
Oh no you didn't lol.
Actually I live far from Pittsburgh but that's for another thread.(but I've been a Steelers fan since around '75 if that's what you meant)
Back on topic: I've seen people in my family use everything from dried droppings to bathing in smashed apples(no really) to try to attract deer and hide their own scent.
As far as the ingame piles of pooness it doesn't bother me anymore like I said before. It's not like it's real. :)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

SloNeZ wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
Oh no you didn't lol.
Actually I live far from Pittsburgh but that's for another thread.(but I've been a Steelers fan since around '75 if that's what you meant)
Back on topic: I've seen people in my family use everything from dried droppings to bathing in smashed apples(no really) to try to attract deer and hide their own scent.
As far as the ingame piles of pooness it doesn't bother me anymore like I said before. It's not like it's real. :)
Yes.....Yes, I did go there.....CHIEFS !!!
Personal Bests...

Return to “General Chat”