Turkey Decoy Limit

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
rarehunter308
Tracker

Turkey Decoy Limit

Post by rarehunter308 »

Does anyone know the maximum number of turkey decoys I can have on one reserve. I know that ducks have a 200 decoy limit, but I wouldn't think that that applied to turkey decoys aswell.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Turkey Decoy Limit

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I'm not sure why you would need to set up 200 turkey decoys on one map considering a full spread is just 3 decoys; however, that would give you at most 66 markes locations to hunt turkeys. On Whitehart Island I have a spread set up at the "golden treestand" and the "hill of death", but usually when I hunt turkey's, I take a full turkey decoy bundle (1 male, 2 females) with me. I just walk around the big lake in middle, listening for turkeys or calling them with the owl caller. When I hear some, I quickly set up my stand and decoys and call them in. If I was to guess, I would assume you probably could put up to 200 decoys on one map since it follows the same mechanics as the waterfowl decoys and the marker flags which both allow 200.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I know I have seen maps covered in them of other hunters, can't imagine ever hitting some magic number of limitations. I know a few guys have turkey decoys on every reserve.....just in case any wander away :lol: ... similar to duck decoys in the river on VDB, you just never know.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
cajunman45
Outfitter

Post by cajunman45 »

Radamus wrote:I know I have seen maps covered in them of other hunters, can't imagine ever hitting some magic number of limitations. I know a few guys have turkey decoys on every reserve.....just in case any wander away :lol: ... similar to duck decoys in the river on VDB, you just never know.
I havn“t maxed out on decoys yet :D :D :D

Return to “General Chat”