Where are the Elk?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: WHERE ARE THE ELK

Post by gas56 »

nicksynnz wrote:
xyl wrote: Covered lower half of Whitehart Island . Not 1 elk. Not 1 elk call. Not 1 elk track.
There are no Elk in the lower half of Whitehart (that I have ever seen, tracked or heard in years of hunting there), they are in the Northern part of the Island usually found just north of the big lake that is in the middle (North of Tower 17). This area is crawling with Elk, Blacktails, Turkeys and Coyotes.. The lower island where you were hunting tends to have only Whitetails and Coyotes. Happy hunting... cheers :P :)
Sorry buddy, but I've shot elk on the southern island of WH pretty much all over it also.
I guess you weren't that lucky.
I have a TS on the top of the southern Island where the 2 islands connect.
I usually fast spawn to the TS from the southern lodge.
And it's either WT's, Coyotes, or Elk around it close by.
OldMM1966
Scout

Post by OldMM1966 »

So ...I read this thread and decided to try RFF. Killed my PB elk, 392.166, and it put me at 2nd place currently for team .30-06, and the 4th biggest for the entire comp. Thanks for the advice guy's.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Congrats OldMM1966! You should certainly stay within the top ranks with this monster. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Nice Elk!
I also noticed that it isn't very busy anymore. Less Roosevelt Elk in general, more lone and low scoring bulls.
The moment I saw a good bull run off, my game crashed. Proper conspiracy theory stuff this!
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

OldMM1966 wrote:So ...I read this thread and decided to try RFF. Killed my PB elk, 392.166, and it put me at 2nd place currently for team .30-06, and the 4th biggest for the entire comp. Thanks for the advice guy's.
well done that is a very nice elk ;)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

iz_da wrote:Nice Elk!
I also noticed that it isn't very busy anymore. Less Roosevelt Elk in general, more lone and low scoring bulls.
The moment I saw a good bull run off, my game crashed. Proper conspiracy theory stuff this!
I saw two things last night for the first time regarding elk. A herd of elk cows with a bull in Settler Creeks (this compilation used to only exist in RFF) and 7 elk cows in Whitehart Island. Used to be 5 and then went to 6, but I have never seen 7.

One things that has very obviously changed (in my view) are the larger pheasant flocks at LP since they became free to hunt. Sorry, off topic. :?
Spoiler:
cajunman45
Outfitter

Post by cajunman45 »

I can't get nothing bigger then a 365 this season a lot of 340's.I tracked a 450 to 500kg all the way from the north to the south and when i got to him he was a scrub big body no horn. I noticed there's a lot more scrub elk.

xyl
Scout

Post by xyl »

Thank you all for your help finding the elusive elk. For a while yesterday i thought they moved the roe deer to whitehart. Some of the elk looked like rabbits with antlers
thanks again enjoy your day

xyl :mrgreen:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I could never understand this missive regarding Darkwood Lodge....go Northwest and follow "the border"...the only border you can follow is to the Northeast.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

If you go north and follow the border, your direction will be north west. That's where they are, see here. ;)
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”