Blue Tick coon hound

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
gas56
Outfitter

Blue Tick coon hound

Post by gas56 »

I just watched the dog video from yesterdays update on STEAM. Thank You Steam.
The dog looks good, though I like the lighter coat variations, and the small intro wasn't bad.
I would prefer a dog that is already trained, if I have to train it myself I might as well be training a hunting buddy.
And they can talk back. So I hope the dog is worth it, but I won't find out unless it's experienced and ready to hunt.
That is the only reason I will not get a dog, even if they look awesome.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Blue Tick coon hound

Post by Tanngnjostr »

The tracking hounds will hopefully be a great help and assistance for the hunter once they are ready, so my opinion is that you should have to invest some time and training into them. Just like you need to improve your own tracking and spotting skills...
Image Image Image
Mr. Laurel
Scout

Post by Mr. Laurel »

In my opinion this dog is perfect for beginners.. for me with the knowledge How to track an animal down and finding a hit animal tis easy and I dont need any help or assistance. For Beginners it´s a perfect feature :)
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

I will can fail with longbow, my dog will help me :roll:
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

It should also help immersion. With the current tracking system when you lose a track the most successfull way to find it back is to run in a spiral around the last dome you found. Which is not at all how a real hunter would behave at least the running part. Now when you can follow the dog the experience will feel more real and therefore less frustrating.
Hopefully it will be a tracking dog not limited to bloodhound. If it can only follow blood, that means a real bad shot were the bleeding stops after a while, the dog would be no help at all.

I never bought a retriever for their very limited use, but I'm excited about this dog.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if the dog tracks well and the main key thing doesnt spook all the animals it will be great.

main reason i dont take my labs more often if im hunting seriously is because i know Sausage will have every animal on the reserve running as soon as i spot anything :lol:

look forward to see how they work out. ;)
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

Bloodhounds are scent trackers....they don't only track the scent of blood from a wounded animal. I am not sure how it will work in the game....will they program it so they only track wounded animals or will it be they can also track any animal you want it to.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

bigdadyrabbit wrote:Bloodhounds are scent trackers....they don't only track the scent of blood from a wounded animal. I am not sure how it will work in the game....will they program it so they only track wounded animals or will it be they can also track any animal you want it to.
I believe they said wounded, but that is a real shame. When im tracking that trophy whitetail for 2500m, a hound would be great help. And I should have no problem with longbow hunts now
BillBullet

Post by BillBullet »

Hi ! In my opinion, it's a great idea. I hope this will make TheHunter more immersiv and maybe, will be helpfull to find a great trophy, i think about boars for example, cos i havent find any since a long long long time...it miss me. We will see !
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

The status update says that the dog will help you find WOUNDED animals. Though it does not say the dog is limited to that. I don't see any good reason to restrict the dog this much.

First it seems like more work to implement the restrictions.
Second it allows for more bugs (like what will happen with animals that don't die from a wound and start nomaly roaming around again?)
Third a lot less people will buy the dog with that restrictions so a financial loss for EW.

I can't think of any good reason to implement the restriction of only tracking wounded animals.

Return to “Kennel”