Sneakathon Begins

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Sneakathon Begins

Post by gas56 »

As some folks already said, it's not the missions that are complicated.
It's the competition where just how many big Roe you get to come within that 15 meters.
The more players in the comp the higher the leader will go. That's the complication.
Staying ahead on the leaderboard is the complication.
So good luck on Hemeldal.

I went to get my 1st Roe for the competition yesterday, and came up with a 240 something.
but then found out I was on the wrong map.... :oops:
I was hunting Hirschfeldon.

I'm either getting too old and not paying enough attention or my eyesight gets the better of me sometimes.
Just point me in the right direction and I'll be fine.
testbreaker
Tracker

Post by testbreaker »

Radamus wrote:Basically any method other than grabbing an animal and breaking it's neck barehanded is an exploit. In here, you do what you gotta do to get the job done. I would save the effort to apply finding those 3 240 Roe that it will take to compete for the big prize.
I've only seen 1 240+ roe in the past 18 months I've been playing. I think I'll sit this last challenge out for the most part. On a brighter note, I have been getting more reindeer.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Right on Breaker~ I've never seen a 240. I've never shot anything big, that my memory serves me, outside of Hemm.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

Do younot get em$ for completing the missions?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Mashuu wrote:Do younot get em$ for completing the missions?
Nope-no EM or GM But you get a ticket for the main event.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SUPERWEP7
Tracker

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

I was under the impression that entering and leaving stands spooked surrounding animals, but from reading this it looks like I was mistaken on that. Still, though, I wonder what kind of time window you have to actually make the shot. You'd have to exit the stand, potentially move around depending on what angle you exited, acquire a sight picture, and fire a killing shot. Seems like just that would be more difficult than just... laying prone and waiting for one to come in. Do the animals really just stand there glaring at you when you noisily hop down off a tripod?
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

On a big roe deer I'd say you have no more than 2 seconds from the moment the black screen goes and the game comes back, so yeah, even with buckshot it can be tricky to get, even more if it's right under you.
Spoiler:
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

I tried to hunt them roe deers but have not even seen a single male now in 4 hours... Only females everywhere.. 3x 240 score ones is impossible to beat for me!
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

ehr_Icaar wrote:I tried to hunt them roe deers but have not even seen a single male now in 4 hours... Only females everywhere.. 3x 240 score ones is impossible to beat for me!
I only see males about 20% of the time.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I haven't hunted Hemeldal for a long time, and finding the big Roe Bucks can be tricky there, especially after seeing big ones and tracking them, like on Hirsch where it's easier IMO to hunt them.
There are so many boulders, you don't need a TS, or anything to get you off the ground, but it seems the ground works ok as long as you can see the buck coming in.
I've been using the .357 mag with no scope, it seems to do the trick while you're on the ground, you can see the surrounding area and have your aim on the buck while he comes into blast point.
One almost walked on top of me but I shot him first. The problem so far is I haven't lucked out either getting any big ones, and I put about 6 hours into today.
I've been tracking 20-30's & 25-35's, but there coming up small. Hopefully I get some time tomorrow hunting them. Cuz I think this one is gonna be a time consumer for me!
Good luck to everybody trying!

Return to “General Chat”