Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
seammer
Tracker

Re: Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by seammer »

Any update on the sound fixes Gregoire Iwaniec?

Your last post was over a month ago and I don't recall seeing anything from staff on the sound issues.

Fellow hunters, staff, moderators... Please direct me to any if I am mistaken?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Seammer, many people just recently (me included..yesterday and today) are having issues with animal voices. On Hirsch, the Roes are silent until you get withing 20 meters. I tracked a Red Deer Stag for over 1000 meters, caught up to within 2 minutes of him several times, yet he never made a sound except with his feet. Pheasants, pigs, and fox seemed normal. Then I went to VDB and there was no sound of Roes barking at all. I went through several groups of Roe tracks, where some of them were quite close, and no barking at all. I harvested a Red Deer Stag that I never heard, once. I happened to see it across the river, and called it. It never called me back. So, I went to Hemmeldal and again, the voices were gone for Reindeer and Roes. I came upon a Brown Bear that was within 28 meters because I couldn't hear it coming. It set up to charge me, but never growled. Moose calls were audible. Again I tracked a Roe buck when I first saw the track he was only 7 minutes from me, yet I heard no fleeing barking or anything from the several does that were around. I tracked him for about a half hour to within 2 or 3 minutes of him again, no calls, no sound...just fleeing again. I have film of most of these instances.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

It seems I was a little quick when I posted yesterday that this problem didn't affect me. While I could perfectly hear all animals (even red deer) call on Hirschfelden, I didn't get a single roe deer call or bark yesterday on Hemmeldal. Now this could be a coincidence - a bad spawn or bad luck - but I definitely found roe deer tracks and even fleeing tracks, so I must have been close to them. Also I think the odds of not getting a single roe deer call during a two hour hunt on the western hills of Hemmeldal are rather small.

So it seems this problem does affect different species on different reserves and is not the same for every player. While some aren't hearing red deer on Hirschfelden or Val-de-Bois, others cannot hear roe deer on Hemmeldal or a completely different combination maybe. I did hear moose (female and male), red fox (female and male) and reindeer (but only female which you cannot really hear but only see the HM flash).

Would be interesting to know whether the sound was just broken (so you can still register the "mute call" on the HM) or whether even this isn't possible. Some people reported that they saw the calling animation of a red deer, but didn't hear anything - did your HM flash and make the beeping sound? I'm sure it would be good to know for the devs to find the problem and a fix.

Let's see if Greg answers on Monday...
Image Image Image
WKASA
Tracker

Post by WKASA »

Tanngnjostr wrote:It seems I was a little quick when I posted yesterday that this problem didn't affect me. While I could perfectly hear all animals (even red deer) call on Hirschfelden, I didn't get a single roe deer call or bark yesterday on Hemmeldal. Now this could be a coincidence - a bad spawn or bad luck - but I definitely found roe deer tracks and even fleeing tracks, so I must have been close to them. Also I think the odds of not getting a single roe deer call during a two hour hunt on the western hills of Hemmeldal are rather small.

So it seems this problem does affect different species on different reserves and is not the same for every player. While some aren't hearing red deer on Hirschfelden or Val-de-Bois, others cannot hear roe deer on Hemmeldal or a completely different combination maybe. I did hear moose (female and male), red fox (female and male) and reindeer (but only female which you cannot really hear but only see the HM flash).

Would be interesting to know whether the sound was just broken (so you can still register the "mute call" on the HM) or whether even this isn't possible. Some people reported that they saw the calling animation of a red deer, but didn't hear anything - did your HM flash and make the beeping sound? I'm sure it would be good to know for the devs to find the problem and a fix.

Let's see if Greg answers on Monday...

Yes. I seen the male Red deer on VDB make the animation for call, but nothing came out.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

WKASA wrote:Yes. I seen the male Red deer on VDB make the animation for call, but nothing came out.
Can you say if the HM gave you a beep and a flashing button when this happened? Could you register the "silent call" or not? When sitka deer were introduced, there was no calling sound - but if you had your HM out while they were supposed to call, you could register it. I'm curious if it's similar with the new bug...
Image Image Image
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
WKASA wrote:Yes. I seen the male Red deer on VDB make the animation for call, but nothing came out.
Can you say if the HM gave you a beep and a flashing button when this happened? Could you register the "silent call" or not? When sitka deer were introduced, there was no calling sound - but if you had your HM out while they were supposed to call, you could register it. I'm curious if it's similar with the new bug...
I did see a HM flash but no beep for a female reindeer at HEM. She was within 30 meters of me, and there was no audible sound from her either. Later, I saw another flash from a female, no sounds at all. Never heard a male call.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
WKASA
Tracker

Post by WKASA »

Tanngnjostr wrote:

Yesterday, I was able to get a red deer to make the "silent call" and nothing on the huntermate. It did not beep. This was on VDB.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I bought Short and Long Range callers for Goose.
When i start calling i hear a caller sound from the right speaker.
And during calling when i start rotate to left i hear the caller sound in both speaker.
I ask a friend and looks he has this issue too.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

Hi, I have been attacked 2 times by wild boar but there was no sound just before they attack me...
Gregoire Iwaniec
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Gregoire Iwaniec »

Hi there!

To sum up, missing sounds for deers and boars should be coming back to normal very soon, as well as the problem with the goose callers. Dog will be adjusted as well.

Thanks again for your messages, remember to mention the reserve you were at when finding any issues.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”