nerfed 7mm?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
insub
Hunter

Re: nerfed 7mm?

Post by insub »

i just bought the thing so im really curious about this lol
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Well I just finished a long hunt, shooting only the 7 MM. I just don't se a problem at all with it. You be the judge.

http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/intim ... n/58198056
Spoiler:
pnShen
Hunter

Post by pnShen »

i feel like the .45-70 has been weakened since the release. i never had problem with bison from the side, now they run away every time. I did some chores with the 9,3x62 and the shots had to be placed carefully because it cannot penetrate the shoulder blade over 150m, but i never had a problem with the .45-70. now i did some massacre among the bisons (15 in 90 minutes) and the weapon seems to bit weaker. There is a chance that my aiming is off, but come-on, i have level13 with that boomstick.
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

INTIMID883R wrote:Well I just finished a long hunt, shooting only the 7 MM. I just don't se a problem at all with it. You be the judge.

http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/intim ... n/58198056
As i mentioned, now you cant get shoulder blade + double lungs on Moose (could do it before), its either double lungs or single lung + shoulder blade.
Honestly if i could bet i would say the rifle is not nerfed but the moose is a bit tougher for some reason...

...will try again now to see at which point we start getting body hits.
Zarpa
Tracker

Post by Zarpa »

Pupic wrote:Honestly if i could bet i would say the rifle is not nerfed but the moose is a bit tougher for some reason...
You're right. I didn't consider this. And not only the Moose seems to be tougher ...
pnShen
Hunter

Post by pnShen »

Zarpa wrote:
Pupic wrote:Honestly if i could bet i would say the rifle is not nerfed but the moose is a bit tougher for some reason...
You're right. I didn't consider this. And not only the Moose seems to be tougher ...
if i assume that the moose parameters was changed and the archery range moose has the same parameters as the real one, then how you explain that the performance of the 7mm is lower and the 93x62 is higher on moose.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

As far as I noticed the 9.3 is still nerfed as hell, couldn't get a double lung on a bison at point blank range, not to mention the difficulty to hit a vital. At moose if you hit the heart, fine; if not it's always single lung as usual.
7mm seems to be hitting bison well; by well I mean that it can get the job done but a miss is common. Same as before. But on moose I do remember getting a lot of double lungs and that is not happening anymore, even without a shoulderblade hit to mess it up, so my take on all of it is that the moose is somewhat stronger now (and the bison isn't) and/or 7mm is a tidy weaker on moose only.
Makes me dizzy, actually.

http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/buiur ... n/58198088
Spoiler:
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

pnShen wrote:if i assume that the moose parameters was changed and the archery range moose has the same parameters as the real one, then how you explain that the performance of the 7mm is lower and the 93x62 is higher on moose.
Here is what i have seen my last hunt. http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/pupic ... ics/latest
Note that all animals were standing sideways and hit with what i think should be a perfect lung shot. (as BuiuRei mentioned....no shoulder blade to mess it up)

1 Moose- 139m 7mm (Right Lung, Shoulder Blade...accident ;) )
2. Moose- 146m 7mm (Body) finished with 9.3x62 149m (Left lung)
3. Moose- 151m 7mm (Body) 7mm 150m (Body)
4.Moose- 149m 7mm (Body) finished with 9.3x62 159m (Liver, could be due to a famous 9.3 `precision`)
5.Moose- 146m 7mm (Right Lung)
6.Moose- 160m 9.3x62 (Left Lung)
7.Moose- bad placment
8.Moose- 173m 9.3x62 (Right Lung)
9.Moose 200m .300 ((Right Lung, Left Lung)

So, it looks like 140-150m is maximum distance that 7mm can penetrate lung/s, 300 could do it at max rendering distance (didn`t test it further) and 9.3x62 is what i think is under-powered as it always was. (tho i didn`t check what is the max distance to get a single lung hit)

I guess we are witnessing the famous `game balancing` at its best....... :roll:

EDITED: next hunt took 220m single lung shot with 7mm (actually, i did it on all 150+ distances, like the previous hunts were bugged)
Last edited by Pupic on February 9th, 2016, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Spoiler:
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

BuiuRei wrote:http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/buiur ... /432843610

187m single lung and nothing more.
Was it standing sideways? I harvested more that 30 and not a single lung past 150m
Did you try with 3-9x40 scope (i know it sound crazy) but maybe there is a difference. (who could know anymore what the hell is going on with the game :D )
Last edited by Pupic on February 9th, 2016, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Chat”