Over 120 plus havest, one and a half hours of hunting ?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Over 120 plus havest, one and a half hours of hunting ?

Post by BuiuRei »

You think by any chance the server based population deal is gonna solve any of this, David?
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

BuiuRei wrote:You think by any chance the server based population deal is gonna solve any of this, David?
No idea, I just assumed perhaps this might be one of the reasons behind the change. Hopefully :)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

caledonianblues wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:You think by any chance the server based population deal is gonna solve any of this, David?
No idea, I just assumed perhaps this might be one of the reasons behind the change. Hopefully :)
Let us pray to the gods of servers and fair gaming.
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

waiora wrote:@Radamus

Its not even certain comps any more, its the whole species. EU rabbit and cottontail is getting ruined by hackers. Pheasant will be next on the list. Thats why im hunting bear, coyotes and Ibex now, just dont see any point doing anything for the free to hunt species any more. They dont have a handle on the it and just made it even easier for them to hunt everything with the free SG.

Competitions should be exclusive to members, or non tier competitions should be exclusive to members, with tiered ones having a big increase for the tiers. starter 0-500, Intermediate 501-1000 and Elite 1001+

This should atleast keep the hackers out of the competitions of the paying customers.

Also agree that only members should feature on the leaderboards
+1, i agree completly with you :)
waiora
Outfitter

Re: Guest players Hacking

Post by waiora »

Savio wrote:FYI, some members cheat too. There is a reason why these members disappear after we reported them. :)
Most of the ones ive picked up were members, you are spot on, and seeing someone losing a membership and bunch of weapons is good, maybe he will learn to play fairly next time around. I think the worst punishment tho is losing all those harvests/tracking skills. Takes a long time getting those leveled up
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

pnShen wrote:Fighting is hard, but i believe i talk by all of us, we will help EW. I would suggest we start to hunt hackers. I believe the hunt statistics can be accessed from anyone, I cannot do it (i did not wrote program for 10 years), but if someone would make a program based on this: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=44503 to do analizing, i will run it 24/7. OPERATION SETI
we simply give our suspect lists with the data to EW and they do the judging
This is where i see the huge problem - "give our suspect lists with the data to EW and they do the judging"
From my personal experience all Pay to Play game that i am/was member has its own forum section where players can discuss and publicly provide evidence of hacking - which then eliminates any doubt on why someone got his acc. deleted (in many cases the community itself will protect players from false accusations)

Right now we have a very strange system - Hackers do their thing, win competitions, they get banned sometimes / sometimes not, their accounts get deleted (legit players are never compensated), everyone can accuse anyone for being a hacker and no one have a chance to defend himself because talking about it in public is against the CoC.
With this increase of cheaters (and i bet we will have them more everyday) we need to at least have a list of those banned for cheating (and the type of cheat that they were accused and banned for)

Sending a ticket to EW (not saying the guy who receives it is unfair, but he could be wrong in his decision) is something i will never do until the guy i have reported doesn't have the chance to defend himself. Even if i am sure that he is 100% hacking i want to do it fair and square, anything else would left me feeling like a weasel.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Many a great games have met there destruction because cheating was allowed (( I should say allowed to grow without a committed effort by those in charge to stop all cheaters )) to start making paying and honest member's feel like there was no point in game any longer competing with cheaters removes all the fun of comps.
Really not cool to have anyone take a comp from someone not cheating BY A LOW DOWN CHEATER this needs to be stopped by any means possible.

And I still think we need a wall of shame posted on forum and update with names of cheaters caught and removed.
pnShen
Hunter

Post by pnShen »

caledonianblues wrote: only Expansive Worlds can access the data directly. Hence why the application you linked to no longer works. Only Expansive Worlds can prevent the use of hacks and cheats. In my opinion, doing it retrospectively is not the answer.
caledonianblues you are a perfect moderator. Always 100% calm optimistic gentleman.

But many of us wants to happen things faster, wants to point out the flaws in the system and take action. My experience of psychology studies is: only stirring up the sh*it will make people realize what's in the deep. Like the boiling frog. I want and will help EW if i can, because i want this game to stay.

abslayer
Master Competitor

Re: Guest players Hacking

Post by abslayer »

I have had more than enough of this catering to people who just want to play for free.
So what has been done LETS give guest more animals to hunt and more opportunity to cheat in more comps REALLY and no skin in the game to lose$$$ what more can they want.

And now we have guests cheating paying members out of comp wins more and more often.

If this keeps up soon there will only be guest and there cheats playing the game , and how will that benefit EW bottom line Hmmm.
tert

Post by tert »

Just search for "The hunter Hack" on Youtube and you will find plenty of disgusting Vids and at least 3-4 different ways to cheat. Why the hell those kinda vids are not deleted ? I mean everything will be deleted for nothing on youtube but an instruction how to cheat on a video game is now no problem ? In what a world we are living ? It's just unbeliveable.

The game has definitively some problems with cheating. Maybe not that much like the classical hacker games like for example counter strike Dayz....but more than some people think.
Last edited by tert on February 9th, 2016, 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Chat”