The new animal [on WRR] [merged]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Map1
Hunter

The new animal [on WRR] [merged]

Post by Map1 »

Don´t know if a thread like this exists :) I think it´s well known that there is a wolf head on the 45-70 rifle. I also watched the WRR with Bison stream from Pratze and they mentioned the wolf there as well. I´m not exactly sure what Alena said about the wolf but I think it had something to do with their behaviour and the behaviour of other animals. (Of course I could be wrong)

One thing that speaks against it is that we already have a predator on WRR the Arctic fox.

What do you think? :)
BCKidd

Re: The new animal

Post by BCKidd »

Hard to speculate what it might be. Personally, no wolves for me. I'd rather see a cat or a wolverine. If they throw in a wolves, so be it, I jus' won't shoot em', then again I said that about the artic fox too. There definitely needs to be another predator on WRR, the killer fox jus' ain't so ferocious. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

I dont care much as long as its a predator, and hard to hunt/find

The new reserve is incredibly boring with moose sitka and bison that is just see/shoot hunting. Need something with more interesting mechanics or no callers
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

many has speculated about the animal. ive personally always wanted wolves more than any animal. 8-)

last thing i remember was they needed to take time to do a wolf properly and make it great. so who knows.

i wouldn't take whats on a gun as anything. there is a eagle on the 30-30 :lol:
weiks
Tracker

Post by weiks »

yeah but they said in the update letter about it being like the way they did the ducks... so im guessing its going to be a reskinned animal... possibly a polar bear? as they re skinned the fox already
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Polar bears look quite different from Black or Brown Bears. I thought there would be an open beta as with the ducks, thats the similarity. So I guess it's really going to be a new animal. Perhaps a goat or sheep for the mountain areas. If the map is sligtly changed to make the mountains more appealing and accessible that could explain the need for a beta. Or perhaps if more sea ice is added and polar bears on the ice and swimming between the ice and a canu for the player a beta would be neccessary. For a reskin you don't need a beta, also there already are 3 reskins on that map so I don't believe in the reskin.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well alena did say in recent news/status that open beta would be used again. so i guess we will see then ;)
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

I wouldn't mind polar bears,perfect areas for them around the ice flows,

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

If it is Polar Bears they'd have to be immune to the bear bait barrel effects so make them trickier to hunt.

But I want wolves as the sixth species.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

It was also mentioned something blue?
I'm thinking along the lines of Blue Grouse?
But I've always been wrong on an animal I think would be something great for a reserve.
I don't see how Polar bears would work as they would be good for the ice packs, and a little more north with Penguins, & Seals.
considering the rest of the animals already there.
The Wolf would be welcome from me IMO, but I've never seen a blue wolf. :)
Maybe it's the blue Moon of a sheep or goat running away..

Return to “General Chat”