Not able to reload from extra ammo ?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Not able to reload from extra ammo ?

Post by BuiuRei »

TheJimDirt wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Clear your game cache and launcher cache and if you're running through Steam verify the integrity of the game's cache. Worked for me last time it happened to me.
I am not going thru Steam , just the E.W. Game Launcher
So do the first two steps without having a game going and see if it helps.
Spoiler:
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

nicksynnz wrote:I normally use one bullet per animal but here I tend to put three in the bison which are "Sherman Tanks" to avoid long tracking and a bison charge if you get too close. Once your ammo is used and assuming you have a extra packets in your back pack, you have to press i and add another packet next to your rifle in the inventory, then press R for reload or take out your rifle and let it do it automatically.
I find the trees render great... can you take a pic for us please so we can see what you see.
This post (below) someone else made , shows about what i was seeing , i have a 2gb video card and 8gb of ram and a quad core machine , so i know its not that , as it plays Call of Duty Advanced Warfare just fine on high settings , but its like everything with this new map is really grainy , even looking with your eyes , i have to keep using the bino's to see if what i am looking at is a tree or rock , or a animal , just extremely grainy to me , way more than any other map , i don't know if its because of all the snow that the white is overriding every other color or what , but i end up having to focus harder with my eyes to define anything at even a nominal distance

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=68623

The ammo issue was part due to my not having the correct ammo for some reason , i had 243 instead of 8x57 , so i don't know how that happened , but the gun and bow would not reload , even after i quit the game last night and just went into it this morning to check and my gun and bow had no ammo , i had to go to the main inventory menu and physically select the ammo , transfer it to my backpack and then to the ammo slot , then bring up each weapon to load them , otherwise they came up with 0 ammo , in a "new" game , so that to me is strange since its never not given me ammo before , and i have run out before , but just went to the lodge and brought up the gun and it would reload , this time , it did not do this , i had to get the ammo and place it in the slot so the gun/bow had them
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

BuiuRei wrote:
TheJimDirt wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Clear your game cache and launcher cache and if you're running through Steam verify the integrity of the game's cache. Worked for me last time it happened to me.
I am not going thru Steam , just the E.W. Game Launcher
So do the first two steps without having a game going and see if it helps.
Where are the Cache files located ?? , i went to my "The Hunter" game folder , and could not find Cache , , not sure where it is in the launcher either
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Just use the cog on the launcher.
Spoiler:
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

Got it , thanks !!
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

Well clearing the cache seemed to fix a lot of things , including the hit detection , from what i can tell , instead of it saying Head,Shoulder,Intestines,Hind Quarters all at once , it shows what you actually hit , i did a bow shot on a Bison and got Heart/Lungs in tracking , and when i harvested it , so this seemed to clear up a lot of issues (that and actually using the correct ammo for the gun i am using :oops: ) , about the only issue that is really annoying is the crows or whatever they are , squawking , its sounds like they are controlled by a chain saw , the sound is really garbled and has a echo , its annoying
nicksynnz
Hunter

Post by nicksynnz »

TheJimDirt wrote:
So you can't "drag and drop" the ammo like you can when changing out items , like a caller for a scent eliminator ??

I would use the mouse to grab it from the box below , where i had my First Aid Kit , and different callers , and it would just "snap" back to the box
Yep you can, you will find when you run out of ammo, the ammo slot next to your gun empty and in inventory you just put another packet in there. When I first played the game, I thought the gun would select the ammo from the pack..I stalked this Mule Buck for about 20 mins and had him in my sights, pulled the trigger and.......nothing. Gun would not fire as my assumption of auto loading for right gun was wrong. I think there is a big Mule out there on LP waiting to die. ;) ;)
Что-то никогда не изменится
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

nicksynnz wrote:
TheJimDirt wrote:
So you can't "drag and drop" the ammo like you can when changing out items , like a caller for a scent eliminator ??

I would use the mouse to grab it from the box below , where i had my First Aid Kit , and different callers , and it would just "snap" back to the box
Yep you can, you will find when you run out of ammo, the ammo slot next to your gun empty and in inventory you just put another packet in there. When I first played the game, I thought the gun would select the ammo from the pack..I stalked this Mule Buck for about 20 mins and had him in my sights, pulled the trigger and.......nothing. Gun would not fire as my assumption of auto loading for right gun was wrong. I think there is a big Mule out there on LP waiting to die. ;) ;)
No you can't, you need to click the empty box next to the weapon and select the ammo that you have available. Same for the scope box next to the ammo box. If you are at a lodge/tent it will draw from main inventory, and backpack. If away from the lodge only from the backpack.
You can drag ammo and scopes out of those boxes and put them in the pack or main inventory, but not the other way around. This was changed quite a while ago.

To avoid selecting the wrong ammo to place in your pack, and avoid going to the ammo section in the main inventory and scrolling to find what you want, click the box next to the weapon, and select a box of ammo. It will now be next to the weapon. Grab it and drag it to your pack (bottom section) and drop it there. Click the box next to the weapon and select another box of ammo (not the one that says in pack) and then drag that to the pack also. Then click one last time and place the last box of ammo and you are ready to go.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
nicksynnz
Hunter

Post by nicksynnz »

Not sure what you are saying but I take say two packs of ammo and I use a packet, shoot the whole lot up firing at game or in the air, I press reload and the rifle wont reload as the ammo is used up ( I still got one more packet in my back pack), so I go into inventory and put another packet of the same ammo I've been carrying around in the empty ammo slot next to the rifle and go back into the game. The rifle reloads...either automatically if I am carrying rifle or if I press R; that is how I do it and just did it a few minutes ago. Is there another simpler way???
Что-то никогда не изменится
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Doesn't really matter since my information was to help JimDirt out
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”