Not able to reload from extra ammo ?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Not able to reload from extra ammo ?

Post by TheJimDirt »

I finally felt good enough to play a little tonight , so i started on the new map , the first thing i noticed was it does not tell you where you hit the animal (only the Moose shows , but not new animals) , then i noticed that the tracking domes hardly are visible , i tried switching colors , but it made no difference , i could hardly see them in the snow , then i went thru all my ammo ( i killed several animals) , so i went to the Inventory menu , to add the bullets i had in my backpack (the standard ones you are equipped with without buying any , it said i had 2 packs of 10) , i had it at the bottom in the area where you can swap out items , i tried to place it where my bullets should go and it just kept going back to the inventory items for the backpack

I am too tired to continue tonight (don't feel well now after the hunt taking longer than i could tolerate right now , so i need to get some rest , because of a illness i have that is too complex to explain right now) , but i thought i would ask and see if i am missing something , or is there a bug because of the new map ? , as trees seem to render poorly , and the dome color is very light , so i thought this might be related , i have never tried to reload my gun before , so i dont know if this is a issue , or a issue with just this new map or if i am not supposed to be able to take my ammo out of my backpack holding area unless i am at a lodge , which would suck because i had shot a Bison and sat there for quite a while waiting for it to die ( i dont know where i hit it , because it would not say) , and the only ammo i had was what was in my backpack , i know i can transfer items , like a deer call , and swap it for scent remover , etc , so i should have been able to take the ammo and move it to where my ammo goes so it was not empty so i could have shot the Bison again , and competed the kill , a long time ago , instead i will be getting a note from Doc saying a i am a poor sport for not retrieving the animal , but unless i ran up to it and hit it on the head with my empty rifle , i had no way to kill it

Any info would be appreciated .. , i will check back tomorrow and see if i am doing something wrong or not .
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Not able to reload from extra ammo ?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TheJimDirt wrote:the first thing i noticed was it does not tell you where you hit the animal (only the Moose shows , but not new animals
That's because you start at level 1 with your tracking skill for the new animals. You need level 2 or 3 in order to recognize where you hit the animal from a blood track.
TheJimDirt wrote:then i noticed that the tracking domes hardly are visible , i tried switching colors , but it made no difference , i could hardly see them in the snow
It's discussed in many threads here and Alena already said there were thinking about increasing the visibility of the domes in WRR somehow.

There's a few glitches since the last update and the devs are working on them. Some people are reporting sudden crashes or problems with their stats, animals are not calling or someimes not fleeing after being shot. The reload problem I didn't hear of, but maybe it will work again the next time you try it. Could it maybe be that you accidently put the wrong bullets into the backpack, fitting another rifle. Some of them look very similar, so could that possibly have happened?

BTW: Sorry about your illness - Be well!
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on October 9th, 2015, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
nicksynnz
Hunter

Post by nicksynnz »

I normally use one bullet per animal but here I tend to put three in the bison which are "Sherman Tanks" to avoid long tracking and a bison charge if you get too close. Once your ammo is used and assuming you have a extra packets in your back pack, you have to press i and add another packet next to your rifle in the inventory, then press R for reload or take out your rifle and let it do it automatically.
I find the trees render great... can you take a pic for us please so we can see what you see.
Что-то никогда не изменится
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

There have been issues of dome dimness in bright light conditions.
The only time I could not load ammo into the gun ammo slot from the backpack is when I accidently tried to load the wrong ammo for the gun I used.
I haven't heard of any issues on this so far, but you never know.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

This happened to me yesterday. I was taking a break from WR and was walking to a tower at LP with my 30-06 Lever and loading it before I climb the ladder to the tower, I had loaded three cartridges when I hit the climb button. The loading animation stopped as it does when you climb or do something else that interrupts the loading. When I got inside the tower, the loading animation did not continue and when I hit the reload button, it also did not load the ammo. I was stuck at three rounds only instead of six. I even tried to put the gun away in my inventory, took it back out and it would still not load past three. Finally, I climbed back down, went to the tent and placed the rifle into the inventory. Put a different rifle in the slot that had the 30-06, then took that out and put the 30-06 back in, and it still would not load back to six rounds.
Bonecollector81
Spotter

Post by Bonecollector81 »

I find that green shows up best for me. About the blood trails once you have tracked a few animals your tracking skill will increase and you will be able to get the extra information from the blood spots. Ammo boxes if you click one the spot you wish to fill all the boxes will be there select the desired box instead of dragging it. And unfortunately you still are unable to stack ammo in the hunter(really devs get on that). Hope this helps you out. Look for my multiplayer map and join me for a hunt I'll give you solid tips to get more game on the ground. Happy hunting.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Clear your game cache and launcher cache and if you're running through Steam verify the integrity of the game's cache. Worked for me last time it happened to me.
Spoiler:
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

nicksynnz wrote:I normally use one bullet per animal but here I tend to put three in the bison which are "Sherman Tanks" to avoid long tracking and a bison charge if you get too close. Once your ammo is used and assuming you have a extra packets in your back pack, you have to press i and add another packet next to your rifle in the inventory, then press R for reload or take out your rifle and let it do it automatically.
I find the trees render great... can you take a pic for us please so we can see what you see.
So you can't "drag and drop" the ammo like you can when changing out items , like a caller for a scent eliminator ??

I would use the mouse to grab it from the box below , where i had my First Aid Kit , and different callers , and it would just "snap" back to the box

I will look again at the ammo type , but i have only been using 1 gun (8x57 IS Anschutz 1780 D FL and the bow)

EDIT:
I just went into the game and i did have the wrong ammo , i had 243 ammo , so my bad on that , as i had never looked , i just assumed when you swapped main weapons , that the ammo for it goes with it , as i have been using the 8x57 for the majority of the game , after i found out i could not shoot larger animals with the 243 , but the other weird issue is , when i went into the game *just now* (on the new map) and brought up my rifle , and then my bow , and both my gun and bow were out of ammo , i had to go the the main inventory list (while at the lodge) , and add the ammo to my pack , then load the gun and bow , this has never happened before , i have always started a new hunt with a weapon with full ammo without doing anything , this is even if i shoot all my ammo in a hunt , i could just go back to the lodge while still in the game and bring up my weapon and it loads , then go back out , this time it did not , and both were empty even after starting a new game , is this a issue ??
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

Bonecollector81 wrote:I find that green shows up best for me. About the blood trails once you have tracked a few animals your tracking skill will increase and you will be able to get the extra information from the blood spots. Ammo boxes if you click one the spot you wish to fill all the boxes will be there select the desired box instead of dragging it. And unfortunately you still are unable to stack ammo in the hunter(really devs get on that). Hope this helps you out. Look for my multiplayer map and join me for a hunt I'll give you solid tips to get more game on the ground. Happy hunting.
I will try the Green , Thanks , the Red and Blue or Orange tints did not show up well at all

As far as tracking/spotting , i am already at level 2 for Bison and it never showed where i hit , until i actually got to the dead animal and used my HM , then it told me where i hit it , BUT , it would say i hit it in the Skull , Shoulder, Intestines,Hind Quarters , etc , all at once , it showed the impact going right thru its body from front to back , and i actually hit most of them with a direct side just behind the shoulder shot , shooting slightly from the rear , so this has got to be a issue
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

BuiuRei wrote:Clear your game cache and launcher cache and if you're running through Steam verify the integrity of the game's cache. Worked for me last time it happened to me.
I am not going thru Steam , just the E.W. Game Launcher

Return to “General Chat”