Whiterime Ridge disappointing !!!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Whiterime Ridge disappointing !!!

Post by Fletchette »

JackRbbt wrote:
Fletchette wrote:.... Yeah, but no collectables, sooooo..... :P
Any collectables out there?! :o
Buffalo chips !!!

Used to heat your house and cook your food !!! :?
Personal Bests...
SpanishInquisition

Post by SpanishInquisition »

Wind sounds makes it feel so atmospheric man, almost like i'm in the north pole, so gritty, so real; the place is a ******** shooting gallery, i mean, bison are the most careless bunch of animals, i can just shoot those herds for mins they don't even run for 10 secs and they stop and start pooping and grazing or whatever it is they do so i can start shooting them up again (once i stop shaking), and both sitkas and bison travel in these big tight packs, it's amazing.
Definitely not a fan of the snowblindness though. Wish we could buy some snow goggles with actual grades of light filtering so that we can protect our eyes and our tracks from all that light but i bet they're already looking into this since everyone's complaining.
I like hunting moose (meese?) but to be honest i had to go out of my way to look for them on this map.

Do snow caked trees move at all with all that extra weight ? Idk, not an expert but common sense tells me they wouldn't being anchored by all that snow but i don't really care that much either way.

Fur is awesome !
syr2890
Tracker

Post by syr2890 »

Fletchette wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:
Buffalo chips !!!

Used to heat your house and cook your food !!! :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macagod
Hunter

Post by Macagod »

strandjutter wrote:Wind sounds like i'm standing next to a highway with cars passing by.
Annimals are so scarce it's getting boring real quick.
Annimals getting stuck under the ice.
Bison disapear in front of your nose.
Annimals make no calls (except for crows)
Big parts of de map with no annimals at all.
I couldn't really agree with your statement about the sacristy of animals, because within my first 12 hours of hunting WRR I've harvested 94 (could easily be double) - Spotted 149 (a lot more just never took the time to spot them). 59 bison harvested and haven't experienced any disappearing or stuck under the ice, not saying it isn't an issue just haven't personally experienced it.

I'm sure I've read the dev's are looking into some issues surrounding "some" of the animals calling.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

disappointing?

for sure..

..nothing more to say . (dot)
Now offline. Forever.
WKASA
Tracker

Post by WKASA »

BCKidd wrote: and the domes aren't as pronounced until you walk across them. Disappointed, I am not. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

I adjusted the contrast of my monitor and it works great. I can see even the red from far away. Try that BCKidd.
nicksynnz
Hunter

Post by nicksynnz »

WKASA wrote:

I adjusted the contrast of my monitor and it works great. I can see even the red from far away. Try that BCKidd.
The point is, that from reserve to reserve, we should not have to make the physical adjustments to our monitors or computers unless we wish to for multivariate reasons. I like the new reserve and it is a matter of adapting and adjusting to new conditions: whiteout is an issue in both the arctic and antarctic which most of us do not experience; people wanted realism and yep we got it. 8-) 8-)
Что-то никогда не изменится
HunterGirl
Scout

Post by HunterGirl »

I couldn't disagree more. :lol: some people just can never be satisfied. :roll:
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

JackRbbt wrote:
I found King Bolete there yesterday. Was a little bit surprised :lol:

Image Image
Dillion1111
Scout

Post by Dillion1111 »

The amount of animals has made this map a shooting gallery which i'm sure is liked buy those folks that just want to shoot a lot of stuff.

Hopefully future adjustments will get this map into some proper perspective and bring it closer to the advertised "Most Realistic" aspect.

It might as well be call of duty right now, shooting so many animals in a short amount of time is NOT hunting.

But like any new reserve, things will be fixed, the devs released this knowing there were bugs to still work out it was even mentioned as such.

Return to “General Chat”