ethical for bison

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jsundeen90
Spotter

Re: ethical for bison

Post by jsundeen90 »

I took a few out last night with the Parker without any issue, 300 on the other hand does not seem to do very well even at close distance I was still shooting them 2-3 times to avoid a long tracking job.

Getting one with the Air gun is absolutely a goal haha
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

9.3x62 is perfect for bison . hits hard at any range . .300 is more a sniper weapon . 7.62 m is good against human not against a 900 kg monster
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

9.3 is ok.
.45-70 is perfect.
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

7 mm Magnum does a good job also: full broadside shot, from over 100 meters, both lungs wounded, death in 8 seconds.
Spoiler:

BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I wasn't lucky with the 7mm but that might be because of the insane wobble we have atm.
Spoiler:
Derpy_McDerpyson
Scout

Post by Derpy_McDerpyson »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:Bison is like a tank! Shot one with crossbow, from 30 meters, hit Right Lung, Intestines, Stomach, Spine 3. Went down, paralyzed, but alive! Shot him two more times, Spine 2 + Right Lung, Left Lung, Liver, Intestines, Stomach. And, with all those vital organs wounded, he died after 47 seconds!

Now, i know why Longbow is not allowed! ;)

That's gonna make it awfully tough to complete missions where 100 % Harvest quality is required if you don't have the 45-70
Mine required 5 hits. I put one bolt into its eye and the bolt was pointing where the bison was looking (missed the brain from the side).
But yeah. The bison puts the T-Rex in primal to shame.
Rantanrave
Tracker

Post by Rantanrave »

JackRbbt wrote:
Rantanrave wrote:.... Just wait: I will take one of those down with the air rifle! People might claim I am slightly insane, but then again; they told me the same when I wanted to do it with a moose, and that didnt stop me from making it happen ^^
Now, that you have 3 x 50 pellets, it might be enough "ammo" for a try. Just in case, back up with 3 x 50 .22LR bullets. :P
I will try it as soon as my tracking for bison is lvl 16, as I need to be able to keep track of it's health, as I slowly take him down over a period of..... 5-10 hours or something probably :P
But I will do it, don't even think I won't do it! ^^
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

Derpy_McDerpyson wrote:Mine required 5 hits. I put one bolt into its eye and the bolt was pointing where the bison was looking (missed the brain from the side).
But yeah. The bison puts the T-Rex in primal to shame.
Try to headshot ? Do it this ;) way(just not with this weapon ;-) ) :

Raptor02 wrote:Yeah I double lunged a bison at 160m+ with the 45-70 and didn't aim high. If I recall correctly the 45-70 has a rainbow trajectory at that distance irl. Kinda strange.
My best sniper shot on Bison so far was 170meters. Oh, i correct me, it was 1,70meters. :? :lol:

And yes, this one tried to T-Rex me ;-)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

JackRbbt wrote:Bison is like a tank! Shot one with crossbow, from 30 meters, hit Right Lung, Intestines, Stomach, Spine 3. Went down, paralyzed, but alive! Shot him two more times, Spine 2 + Right Lung, Left Lung, Liver, Intestines, Stomach. And, with all those vital organs wounded, he died after 47 seconds!

If they're wounded on the ground....
shoot them in the brain....1 shot they die.
Just make sure you hit the tiny brain with all that big head they got.... :lol:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

gas56 wrote:

If they're wounded on the ground....
shoot them in the brain....1 shot they die.
Just make sure you hit the tiny brain with all that big head they got.... :lol:
Well, when i use crossbow and an animal is paralyzed, i just load and shoot while walking toward him (save some time). For this bison i had time to shoot twice, until i reach him and watch him dies.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”